Thread: Random Stuff

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

This is sorta news, but I wasn't sure if it deserved to be in the News section, so will just post it here.

Earlier today was the 15th birthday of the current TFW2005 website, as it was launched April 20th 2000.

Even though we are three years older, that's a great achievement for a major fansite to still be running so long unchanged and with the same administration running it. Especially after a number of the major fansites in the late 90s fell apart or died off.
    EDIT - looks like the TFW2005 domain was not being used from about 2001 to 2003 because of a partnership with another fansite... so about 12 years as an unchanged ongoing entity. (to be fair, our site/group has evolved over our 18 years as well, in both name and location, so they still deserve the milestone of 15 years for being in some form as a single entity)

I joined there in July 2005, not for interacting, but to get to know more of the people who were going to BotCon, which was on in two months time. (I actually tried to join the four major fansites at that time, but only TFW2005 and Allspark activated me... as it was still a manual process back then on most sites), so those were the two sites I would log into and occasionally post for a while, and then more recently just TFW. So I'm just 3 months away from being a member there for 10 years... which I'm surprised to realise that it is two-thirds of their existence, as I didn't think that I was a member there that long.
    Last edited by griffin; 21st April 2015 at 09:11 PM.