Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: APS-01U Ultimate Optimus from Hasbro HK

I probably won't be able to get this but have no RoFT Leader Prime moulds, and from watching many reviews I think I'm missing out heaps! Jetwing Prime looks good but even second hand ones look really expensive.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    I probably won't be able to get this but have no RoFT Leader Prime moulds, and from watching many reviews I think I'm missing out heaps! Jetwing Prime looks good but even second hand ones look really expensive.
    If worse comes to worse and you can't afford this bad-boy, here is a bid on eBay I've found for a vanilla RotF Prime at a reasonable price.

I got my jetwing back when they were warming the shelves in Target. It was my first leader, and by far the most I had ever spent on a toy (up to then I only had a few deluxes). I've loved that thing ever since. It's a freakin' amazing toy. If you've got any interest at all in movie Prime, you need to have some version of this mould.

Looking at this now, I want to cry. It's so damn beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Yongeltron View Post
    Looking at this now, I want to cry. It's so damn beautiful.
    I cried when I got my Striker APS1 Prime...

I love this Movie Prime mold. IMHO it is in the upper echelon of all time best Transformers.

I display mine with MP10 Prime they look great together. I use the YOH Prime as the darker colours really go well with the Movie Prime.

This looks to be out now, and a gallery of in-hand photos can be seen here.

I still think it's desirable, but somehow the lack of pinstriping kind of ruins it for me. It's such a minor thing, I know, and I'm normally critical of fans who pick up on small things like that. But to me the pinstriping says "premium release" while without it, it says "mass market toy". Makes me even more greateful for my Buster Prime.

What pinstripping are you refering to?

Looking to get it but our currency exchange kills it for me

Fingers crossed Robot Kingdom ship him this week... I can't wait to have this guy in my hot little hands. All the photos I see just make me more and more happy I decided to splurge on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropisetron View Post

Looking to get it but our currency exchange kills it for me
    On Buster Prime, there is a small, white border around the flames, referred to as pinstriping (as it's pin thin).

I will consider buying this for definite if Hasbro HK include a pinstripe suit that fits Optimus perfectly, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropisetron View Post
    Pin-striping is probably a term that car detailers use, and on this toy it is the outline of the flames... to give it a border between the blue flames and the orange/red background, and makes them jump out more.

From the various Movie Optimus toys I have, I could only see it on the two Japanese DMK Model Kits from 2011, and the 2-pack ROTF Leader Optimus (with Jetfire) which is said to be identical to the ROTF Buster Optimus (with a different face).
    No other Optimus toy had pin-striping... not even any of the other premium or limited edition versions.
    It would be an expensive thing to carefully apply, but for the "Ultimate" edition that has "everything" including extra paint apps and new hands, it seems a bit odd and disappointing to not have the pin-striping.