Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131828 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Combiner Devastator - first look at German Toyfair

He's not bad. The head could do with a bit more bulk (unless it's obscured by the black background). My only complaint would probably be that Mixmaster's cab (what appears to be it) looks kind of weird. I have a feeling that it's false or mistransformed. Scrapper actually looks to be really articulated.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

It's no 3rd party level combiner, but all in all seems a decent effort for Hasbro.

I wonder how stable he will be?

Not bad. But not good either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    It's no 3rd party level combiner, but all in all seems a decent effort for Hasbro.

I wonder how stable he will be?
    If I recall correctly, it should be glued together like Superion and Menasor were at Botcon (was it Botcon?) last year. I remember someone mentioning that, at least for the HK fair.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Awesome!!

I think Mixmasters real cab is up facing into the knee.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Hook's happy.

Before we pre-emptively criticise the engineering behind this toy, keep in mind the following points:
    * Each figure transforms from a vehicle to articulated robot
    * The gestalt parts are probably self contained, and this is based on a G1 toy which was substantially reliant on accessories to form the gestalt robot (moreso than most other G1 gestalts)
    * And as has been mentioned, this is a mass-produced toy that needs to conform to a set budget and price point

Combining is a gimmick, and with any gimmick, there are invariably going to be compromises made to the toy -- the more invasive the gimmick, the greater the compromise. But I find the key to a good and bad gimmicked toy lies in how well the rest of the toy is designed around the core gimmick. It depends on whether the pros outweigh the cons or not (as with any toy, really ). Time will tell.

I thought the titan class size would put me off. But hell that look fantastic! Really like the kind of cartoon accuracy in the simplicity~

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Hook's happy.

Before we pre-emptively criticise the engineering behind this toy, keep in mind the following points:
    * Each figure transforms from a vehicle to articulated robot
    * The gestalt parts are probably self contained, and this is based on a G1 toy which was substantially reliant on accessories to form the gestalt robot (moreso than most other G1 gestalts)
    * And as has been mentioned, this is a mass-produced toy that needs to conform to a set budget and price point

Combining is a gimmick, and with any gimmick, there are invariably going to be compromises made to the toy -- the more invasive the gimmick, the greater the compromise. But I find the key to a good and bad gimmicked toy lies in how well the rest of the toy is designed around the core gimmick. It depends on whether the pros outweigh the cons or not (as with any toy, really ). Time will tell.
    Not to mention that this is a prototype and is glued together.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Source?
    (always credit a source, so that we don't get into trouble from the source, or from Hasbro if they think we are the source)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post