Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 712131415161718192021222737 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun-Formers (imitation weapons) laws and requirements for Australia

It would have passed Customs crossing international borders, but can't Customs also inspect domestic state borders?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It would have passed Customs crossing international borders, but can't Customs also inspect domestic state borders?
    They can, but they hardly ever inspect postal/courier trucks - it's not worth the resources. Planes they do occasionally. That's why I said almost certain
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The display unit must be lockable, but it does not need to be a safe nor does it need to be wall mounted. Mine is just a glass display cube that's is locked by a padlock.

So get a glass display cabinet with a key lock. It is a more expensive option though, getting a small display unit is the cheaper alternative.
    I'd like to get a similar display cube to that, only I can't find that's 32x32cm so I can put it inside my cube shelving unit.

Sure, I could just play it on top, but that might be a bit dangerous if there's an earthquake. I mean it feels heavy enough to not topple over without wall brackets, but I'd still rather have it in one of the shelving unit's cubes.

If anyone knows where I'd be able to find a 32x32cm display cube with a lock, it'd be much appreciated.

So far this is my only option, but it's 40x40cm:

http://www.shopfittingsdirect.com.au...play-showcase/

Wow I'm so glad to live in Canada. Dont have to deal with this nonsense!

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    Downloaded the form, just waiting for PC. Will fill it after get confirm news.

As a Queenslander this is pretty much my plan A.

If PC doesn't get the legals sorted out plan B is import it myself. I have never imported myself so that is a whole new world of hurt on top of the firearms side.

If anyone has any prefered sellers and pointers it would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    If they get them in stock, its already past customs, and from there it is almost certain you will receive your goods, as it will travel via road freight.

Whether you decide regarding getting a permit (or not), that's up to you, but history suggests that will not affect your ability to obtain a megatron once its already on Aussie soil.

Having said that the process might change depending on whether PC have to conform to any restrictions or not.
    Yes, once they are in the country, it is very unlikely that they will be found in the domestic mail.
    However, in Queensland, a person wanting to dispose of (including selling) a weapon (including replica/imitation), is required to either surrender it to the Police or registered dealer, or privately to a person who is a permit holder in their jurisdiction. In the case of Queensland and WA, people don't need a permit for owning or buying replica weapons that are already in the country, so they will be okay.
    However, people in other states that require permits of some sort, will not be able to buy them legally from toy dealers in Queensland until they can prove that they meet their legal requirements... or else that toy dealer will be committing a serious offence.
    If a person sells a Megatron toy privately without any public evidence of it, the police probably won't care about it, but if there is a public sale of Megatrons (like on a website), the Federal Police could request or demand (with a warrant) all sales records pertaining to those Megatron toys, and it would be the toy dealer's responsibility to prove that they only sold to people who were allowed to own one in their state.
    The buyers could face prosecution if the Police wanted to go that far, but their main focus would be prosecuting the person or business knowingly selling them to unauthorised people.

In Queensland -

​​​​​​​Disposing of weapons permanently (within Queensland)

If you do not wish to retain possession of a weapon you may choose to dispose of them by one of the following means:
    • Relinquish your weapon at a Queensland police station
    • Sell your weapon to a dealer
    • Dispose of your weapon to a licensed dealer for consignment sale on your behalf; or
    • Sell it to someone who is a holder of an issued Permit to Acquire for the weapon in question.

A Permit to Acquire is required for each weapon being acquired. You must view an issued Permit to Acquire prior to disposing of the weapon to the acquirer.

Disposal of weapons interstate

If you have disposed of your weapon to an interstate licence holder you will need to provide written advice to Weapons Licensing stating:

• The name of person to whom the weapon was disposed
    • The address of person to whom the weapon was disposed
    • The Weapons Licence number of person to whom the weapon was disposed; and
    • The date of disposal.

If you wish to dispose of your weapon interstate contact the relevant interstate firearms registry and refer to how to correctly dispatch weapons to ensure compliance in both states.
    Naturally, if you don't require a "Permit to Acquire" or a Permit to own one in your state, the fact that the toy dealer is posting it to an address in that state, covers them for that sale.
    The rest of the states are subject to restrictions or Permits that a Queensland Toy Dealer would be best to consider if they don't want to face multiple weapons charges.

It might seem trivial at the moment, but it just takes one or two highlighted cases in the media of an imitation gun being used in crimes, and the Police would be directed to crack down on them by their superiors or politicians.
    Because as people have said, if it looks like a gun is being pointed at you when you are being robbed, are you going to try to work out if it is real or loaded before panicking... or even get the chance to determine if it is real as you are being intimidated by an offender who is waving it around?

Other than PC my preferred sellers are HLJ and Amazon Japan, although Amazon JP usually only ships Transformers domestically

Quote Originally Posted by Jellico View Post
    Just NSW (as mentioned on the Club homepage) or the whole country?
    The Megatron Club was set up to satisfy NSW ownership laws, but might be useful in other Permit states if that satisfies their requirements of proving that you are an existing toy collector.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    Do you need a replica gun license if you have a real gun license ( i would hope not)?
    If you have a real gun license, you are already covered for replica ones... unless it is in a different weapons class and you are only licensed for Rifles.
    But email the Weapons Branch in your state to verify.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank View Post
    AAs a Queenslander, hope PC can get it. And also hope someone can do some examples for the form B709 about mp36. Then can help us to fill and the permit if necessarily.
    There is not much to fill out on the form, other than ticking the B709A box, describing the the toy completely (what it replicates and what it is called as a Transformers toy), and that you are a toy collector of a certain amount of years or toys. That's it.
    I will have to post up an edited copy of my form... to show what is required on the form.

Quote Originally Posted by spiderken17 View Post
    Is all this a non-issue if it has an orange plug in the barrel?
    Nup, that doesn't apply to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    I've got an imitation firearms license because I was told by customs to get one, even though I live in Qld, before ordering G1 and MP Megs. But I've also read this:
    https://www.police.qld.gov.au/progra...s/replicas.htm

"For Category A, B, C and H non-firing replica weapons no weapons licence is required."
    Any other Qlders want to clarify?
    You don't need a license, but you do need a permit to import if you are buying from another country. If you are buying from an Australian person or business, you don't need any licenses or permits for toy guns in Queensland.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    There is not much to fill out on the form, other than ticking the B709A box, describing the the toy completely (what it replicatesand what it is called as a Transformers toy), and that you are a toy collector of a certain amount of years or toys. That's it.
    Um guys.... I think something needs pointing out.

Mp-36 is NOT a replica firearm.

Mp-05 was an oversize replica of a Walther P-38. This is a fictional gun with no real world equivelent.

This is also supported by the "translated" magazine pages that went up the other day.

I've run this past my firearms officer contact (for my actual license) and other contacts (consulted for Victorian gunlaws) and all agree that this totally exclude MP-36 from the replica conditions.

The other page