Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast

Thread: How to get MP Megatron shipped to Oz?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    of course, if you dress up as Deadpool for charity and catch the train into work none of these rules apply
    Haha

I'm pretty sure (read that as certain) that MP Megs is able to be legally owned in Victoria (where it is considered an "imitation" firearm) and has been for a few years now, you just need to jump through some hoops to get the Chief commissioner's approval:

http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content...ument_ID=32717

All the information is available from the links in this page, but the second last paragraph is the relevant one.

In fact I'm now not certain that MP Megs is actually banned anywhere in Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    I'm pretty sure (read that as certain) that MP Megs is able to be legally owned in Victoria (where it is considered an "imitation" firearm) and has been for a few years now, you just need to jump through some hoops to get the Chief commissioner's approval:

http://www.police.vic.gov.au/content...ument_ID=32717

All the information is available from the links in this page, but the second last paragraph is the relevant one.

In fact I'm now not certain that MP Megs is actually banned anywhere in Australia?
    And after a few more clicks, the cost of making a successful application to the Chief Commissioner is $178.70. A pretty hefty hoop to jump through.

"Successful applications attract prescribed fees. A money order or personal cheque made out to the Licensing Services Division must accompany all applications in the first instance. Where an application is rejected, this will be returned to the applicant."
    I don't love my MP Megs that much

So... for a 'fee' they'll make your problem disappear? It's funny how something illegal can be made legal by simply throwing money at it. That's not like the police at all
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    And after a few more clicks, the cost of making a successful application to the Chief Commissioner is $178.70. A pretty hefty hoop to jump through.
    Yeah it is expensive now, but it is legal to own MP or other gun forming Megs in Victoria. By making the fee so high, whether he is prohibited or not kind of becomes the choice of the collector.

So NSW & VIC have conditional ownership laws, compared to other states that are either legal or illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    of course, if you dress up as Deadpool for charity and catch the train into work none of these rules apply
    Once the public knows about how ridiculous the laws are, they'll ignore it. But if this wasn't in the news, you'll bet he'll get some kind of fine for violating the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    Yeah it is expensive now, but it is legal to own MP or other gun forming Megs in Victoria. By making the fee so high, whether he is prohibited or not kind of becomes the choice of the collector.
    On the upside, some further reading reveals that once an individual or business has made this successful application they can pretty much import and own as many imitation firearms as they like.

Is there a limit to how many imitation firearms I can possess under a Chief
    Commissioner’s Weapons Approval or a Governor in Council Exemption?

No. As there is no requirement to register imitation firearms, there is no limit as to
    the amount that can be possessed once a Chief Commissioner’s Prohibited Weapons
    Approval or Governor in Council Exemption is obtained, unless otherwise specified
    by condition.

Ref: http://www.police.vic.gov.au/retriev...&status=active
    Though for a TF collector this pretty much amounts to the two MP's, Browning and the half dozen or so variants of the G1 toy?

Someone needs to update that Megatron Owners Club website.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post

I don't love my MP Megs that much
    That fee is waived in NSW. It still appears on the form, but we don't have to pay it, so we just ignore it. Check to see if it's been similarly waived in VIC too. The form itself is for people who apply for permits to own proper replica firearms, hence the fee -- but I know that in NSW it's been waived.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Once the public knows about how ridiculous the laws are, they'll ignore it. But if this wasn't in the news, you'll bet he'll get some kind of fine for violating the law.
    Oh yeah, that was a PR Job & a half from the Police.