Quote Originally Posted by Tiby View Post
Completely unnecessary, for NSW at least. An orange plug will NOT stop Customs from seizing it without the right permit. Lumping us in with the US is wrong.
Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
HLJ’s intentions are noble but misguided for Australia. As they said in their message, the law requiring orange plugs to be placed in the barrel is an American law. Australia has no such laws. With or without the orange plug, the toy will still be seen as an imitation firearm. When I brought in my MP05 he had no orange plug, and never required one. Putting an orange plug in MP36 will NOT make the toy any easier to import. You or whoever is importing him will still require a B709 form to get him through customs and you still need to comply with whatever firearms law your State has.
I've emailed HLJ asking if they have specifically checked out AU laws. I reckon they might have.

Regardless, I hope someone doesn't do anything REALLY STUPID like emailing the import authorities about this and making the issue sound big enough for them to feel more action is needed than they were going to take.

I mean no offense by this, but the orange cap thing may well solve all our issues and we don't need any overly paranoid actions torpedoing that.