Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
I can now reveal that MP Star Sabre was the third translation/adaptation job that I was doing for Hasbro. However, the English bio is completely different and unrelated to the Japanese one. The Japanese bio is based on Star Sabre's appearance in Transformers Victory, where he was -- character-wise -- basically a clone of Optimus Prime (re: flawless heroic saviour archetype). The English bio is based on IDW Star Sabre, where Star Sabre is an incredibly dark character.

In the Japanese booklet, Star Sabre's function is "Autobot Supreme Commander." For the Hasbro version, his function has been changed to 'Duly Appointed Enforcer of the Tyrest Accord' (at times abbreviated to 'Tyrest Accord Enforcer' or just "Autobot Enforcer" in different parts of the booklet). Japanese G1 tech specs don't have mottos, and I only had access to the booklet and not the tech specs card (so I have no idea if TakaraTOMY have newly created a motto for him), but the motto I created for the Hasbro version is "Quidquid facio sancitur divinitus.", which is Latin for "Everything I do is divinely sanctioned." -- and yes, I have written the motto in both Latin and English (as I did for Stinger ).

More reveals to come.
I think this is very bold and excellent of you to go this route! And also, just another day of Goktimus making news...
http://tformers.com/hasbro-australia...5793/news.html