Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Combiners: Hasbro or Takara ?

Um, maybe I'm dead wrong on this as I'm not a parent, but isn't it up to the collector what he/she collects. I mean for me growing up with G1 reruns and VHS tapes I'll always go with a G1 deco cartoon deco like Takara normally goes with. But I'm sure theres someone out there that's wants the "cooler looking deco" of the two or a comic or toy accurate deco.

Also note that if you go with TAV instead of RID2015 they will not work with the RID app. Also remember RID2015 and CW are both coming out here so theres instant gratification of buying it and having it right away.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Um, maybe I'm dead wrong on this as I'm not a parent, but isn't it up to the collector what he/she collects. I mean for me growing up with G1 reruns and VHS tapes I'll always go with a G1 deco cartoon deco like Takara normally goes with. But I'm sure theres someone out there that's wants the "cooler looking deco" of the two or a comic or toy accurate deco.

Also note that if you go with TAV instead of RID2015 they will not work with the RID app. Also remember RID2015 and CW are both coming out here so theres instant gratification of buying it and having it right away.
    You're assuming that these toys will be easy to find in-store. For quite a few of us, history proves otherwise.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I feel like it's a reasonable assumption to expect Takara to release all the major combiners in their own time.
    as others have mentioned they may or may not have significantly different deco's or team setups. ie the aerialbots.

one thing to keep in mind, especially if you are happy with a Hasbro Deco and are yet to hear of the Takara Version, we are still to hear anything about Takara releasing their version of Generations Skids and it's been over a year since Hasbro announced, and nearly a year since Hasbro first released their version.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Sorry to drag out this thread but it seems appropriate now since both Takara and hasbro has released? Which one is better?
    I'm wondering if I need to get the Takara devastator when I have preordered the hasbro ones.

If you plan to display one in Devastator mode and 1 in robot/vehicle mode, then grab both (Hasbro for Devastator, and TakaraTomy for the rest)
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

The TakaraTOMY version definitely looks nicer, and of course, Scrapper has better elbow articulation as a robot. But drawbacks are:
    * Later release; December 2015 (so some may arrive as late as January 2016)
    * More expensive. Pre-orders are at around $240 before shipping; so when you factor in shipping, it does make the toy substantially more expensive than getting a local Hasbro version. Although another advantage with pre-ordering the TakTOM version is that you don't have to go through all the trouble of finding a local Hasbro version.

So yeah, both options have their pros and cons, it all depends on what you think is worth it to you.

If you've already pre-ordered the Hasbro one, then your options are:
    * Cancel the Hasbro pre-order (if you can) if you choose to get the TakaraTOMY one
    * Get both and sell one
    * Keep both and display alternatively as Handsprime has suggested

Sounds like everyone is leaning towards the takara. Guess both it is!
    Displaying both in differernt modes sounds interesting! lol.

Trying to find the different deluxe was quite annoying. Its all Hasbro's ploy!

FYI PC is preselling at 210. Gonna preorder later!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I am in a situation where I don't have the hasbro and takara is offering at PC at just $10 more delivered.

The main question is whether takara version is compromised on the legs.

No reason why by default hasbro is the sole choice for devy and takara is not.

Hasbro is cheaper and you have the chance of finding it here so not import/shipping fee's.

Takara has (usually) superior paint jobs and more G1 accurate character rosters

The thing that annoys me the most about Takara's CW is they are selling them in sets. I like some of the Aerialbots, but am not so keen on Superion, so would have preferred the option of picking one or two up to see if they warranted the jump.

Plus, I think the set selling, while a tradition (I guess) defeats the purpose of the mix n match. You have to buy all the aerialbots at once, but you'll only have planes to pay with until Menasor comes out, then you get ALL the stunticons in one go. But you still have to fork out for the whole lot, even though you might only want Dragstrip.

I also just had a thought, what if TT don't release Sky Lynx?