Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Maz's 3rd Party Articles & Reviews

Looks cool, great review.

In all of those photos, except the close up, I swear Axle had a completely black head lol
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Maz is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Default Unique Toys Y-01 Provider (Octane)

Unique Toys are at it again, one of the most productive 3rd party companies of the last 12 months – whether it was under the banner of UT or DX9 – are doing Decepticon Triplechanger Octane. Y-01 “Provider” comes hot on the heels of Chigurh, the Triplechanger Astrotrain that DX9 produced earlier this year. With Sandstorm (Sworder) teased just yesterday, this company are not wasting any time nailing down this whole subsection of Generation 1 multi-changers who are yet to be spoken for at Masterpiece scale. Whether or not you agree that Provider is indeed MP scale is another matter, but my gut feeling is that’s what UT were going for with this.

High Octane | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz

Default MMC Grandus Hexatron

Decades, years, months, weeks, days, hours and minutes have been counted in my eternal wait for this character. It took 14 years for the 1989 Japanese exclusive Takara Transformers Victory sixchanger C-325 Greatshot to find its way into my collection in 2015, after a protracted period of longing. When 3rd party company Mastermind Creations revealed then released their Reformatted R-01 Terminus Hexatron interpretation of Decepticon Sixshot, the belief was that a Greatshot repaint was in the works. Despite teaser images, the Greatshot repaint had to wait its turn as MMC worked their way through Terminus Hexatron, Super Nova edition, Dark Emissary and Continuum releases before R-01G Grandus Hexatron got off the ground in earnest a couple of years or so later. Once announcements, production samples and pre-orders had become a reality, the countdown to R-01G’s arrival commenced. Here then is my review of the long-awaited MMC Grandus Hexatron.

MMC Grandus Hexatron – The Promised Land | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz

Default Ocular Max Sphinx

Mastermind Creations have released a Masterpiece-scaled homage to the Generation 1 Autobot Spy Mirage, and they have done it in the style of celebrated Japanese animation gurus Studio Ox, responsible for so many beautiful illustrations in Television Magazine. Under their Ocular Max (read: Ox) guise, the ”Perfection Series” pulls no punches in registering what its intentions are. PS-01 Sphinx, their Mirage, is the inaugural release. It is perfection indeed, and I surely did fall to my knees.

Ocular Max Sphinx – Perfection Indeed | Source Blog <- CLICK TO READ

All the best
    Maz

Curse you Maz. Your beautiful photography and excellent review has made this a must have for me. I will wait for the diaclone box version though.

It really does look good, I thought the other one looked good but like you say in your review, this looks even better. I'm torn though, I expect it's only a matter of time before there is a Takara version of this character in the Masterpiece line.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I too am keen for the Diaclone-style box, but that one will not come with the awesome parachute, and that would break my heart! So I have decided to get both

I too believe Takara Tomy will tackle Mirage, but I am keeping Invisible and Sphinx regardless, because the world can never have enough brilliant Mirage-based Transformers. Sphinx is going to be very difficult to beat, it's more enjoyable to transform than almost every 3rd Party toy I've ever handled.

All the best
    Maz

Quote Originally Posted by Maz View Post
    I too am keen for the Diaclone-style box, but that one will not come with the awesome parachute, and that would break my heart! So I have decided to get both

I too believe Takara Tomy will tackle Mirage, but I am keeping Invisible and Sphinx regardless, because the world can never have enough brilliant Mirage-based Transformers. Sphinx is going to be very difficult to beat, it's more enjoyable to transform than almost every 3rd Party toy I've ever handled.

All the best
    Maz
    so what are your top five favourite third party transformers to transform?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    so what are your top five favourite third party transformers to transform?
    In no particular order, the Hexatron mould, Sphinx, Bovis/Fortis, Cupola and I guess one of the DX9 figures like Carry or Chigurh.

All the best
    Maz

Pre ordered Sphinx after your review, I think MMC nailed it pretty well.