Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: ToysRUs introductory sale for Generations - 20/2 to 3/3

Quote Originally Posted by Fungal Infection View Post
    Not sure whats happening at other stores but Bankstown TRU has had the CW figures since Friday at the discounted price. Sold out of all Leader figures, down to about 4 or 5 deluxes, a handful of legends (no Powerglides) and 2 each of Silverbolt and Optimus as of 6pm today.
    This leader sellout is killing me! Though so good to see them selling, unlike the AOE leaders which shelfwarmed for agggeesss

Picked up the single CW deluxe at Miranda yesterday for $24. No price tags at all but he scanned at $24 so yay for me.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

picked up legends powerglide and silverbolt today at sale price for $56 total from the TRU store at Erina Fair.

thought I should also note that the warriors wave for RID at the TRU online site seems to have the description for jazz posted

"In the Transformers: Robots in Disguise animated series, Bumblebee leads a new team of Autobots. Their mission: capture the Decepticons that are loose on Earth … and do it without being discovered. Bring home the excitement of the battle between the Autobots and Decepticons with these Transformers figures that are made for fans of classic Transformers conversion play. This Autobot Jazz figure changes from robot to car and back in 9 steps. Collect your favorite Autobot heroes and Decepticon villains from the animated series, pick your side, and join the battle!"

I worked out that with the exchange rate and shipping cost (even in POL), the ToysRUs discount price for the two Leader Megatrons is slightly cheaper than (or at the very least equal to) importing them from BBTS (and their likely price at Amazon)... which is very rare for that to happen.

AU$144 for the pair would get you about US$105 (exchange rate), which only leaves you with US$15 to post both from BBTS, or Amazon if they charge US$45 like they did with Jetfire.

It is a good incentive to buy locally, if they can keep up with the new releases but ringing around, driving out to a store, plus the time i'll save, importing is still the better option for me

That's the problem isn't it... availability. A lot of people don't have a TRU near them, and those that do, find that these better bargains disappear really fast.
    (My nearest store has to cater to half of Brisbane plus the Gold Coast, which is like 2-3 million people... and I wouldn't drive an hour to the next store just to save $5-10 over importing them... even IF I could trust the person on the phone saying that they have them and would hold them for me.)

And TRU here is so backwards, they can't manually order in stock that is at the warehouse when they run out in store.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Legends - $16 (save $4)
    Deluxe - $24 (save $6)
    Voyager - $40 (save $10)
    Leader - $72 (save $18)
    Ah well, doesn't make me feel too bad about buying two Deluxe Class (Alpha Bravo & Dragstrip) for $24.95, Leader Class Megatron for $89.95, and Voyager Class Optimus Prime $39.95.

Sure, the Leader Class price stings but it's still cheaper than the case option from BBTS (which isn't in stock yet).

With Motormaster and Blackjack on their way, the Stunticons are starting to build in numbers at my place. Shame the Aerialbots (besides Alpha Bravo) won't be coming til the Takara release in a few months.

Just asked Target if they could price match TRU for leader class Megatron and they did!! One more for the collection

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    My friend called TRU Chaddy and unfortunately they said the same thing as well.

Agreed that it's an incredibly stupid idea. I don't want to order something random online. How in Kaon did they decide this was a good idea?
    i bought the legends bombshell and powerglide in store at chaddy TRU for the sale price i'm 99% sure. i think bombshell didn't scan on the check price thingy in the store and also at the counter but powerglide scanned at the sale price at the counter so the person scanned it twice.

i also bought silverbolt and the deluxes in store at knox TRU since chaddy didn't have them, also 99% sure at sale price.

pretty sure i still have the receipts, i can check tomorrow.

I got the last silver Megatron from TRU Doncaster this morning. They had two green ones left and all of the other ones in stock.