Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: When did you start collecting Transformers?

Default When did you start collecting Transformers?

Ah I see, yes, now that I think about it, that's true. A little nudge can knock em over.

I have a general question for everyone, if you don't mind answering, when did everyone start collecting ? (someone might have made a thread for this, point me in the right direction if there is).

I guess I can say I started properly around end of 2005.

properly collected in the mid beastwars years, Sydney calendar

I think Titanium Series TFs are terrible toys. They're alright (but not exceptional) display pieces... but yeah. Awful action figures. I tried playing with my Titanium Series Rodimus Prime the other day... guh... got frustrated and had him "rebuilt" as Classics Rodimus in my play-story. :/ I'm really not a big fan of this line and I mostly collected characters that were exclusive to this line, e.g.: War Within characters, The Fallen etc. IMO Galaxy Force Starscream is a better realisation of War Within Starscream than Titanium Series War Within Starscream!

Quote Originally Posted by hungta
    I have a general question for everyone, if you don't mind answering, when did everyone start collecting ? (someone might have made a thread for this, point me in the right direction if there is).

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

6 inch Titanium line = IM worthless O, Overall just plain s#%@!

Good for display purposes, but that's about it... (when their arms/legs aren't popping off )

I hope WW Grimmy & Prowl are better engineered but I haven't got my hopes up...

Quote Originally Posted by hungta View Post

2000/2001 - I guess I was a late starter (compared to some )

I started when I realised I was spending far too much money on lego. Which is to say, about a few months ago. I'm already spending far too much money on transformers, and with rising import prices, i'll probably go back to lego. Rinse and repeat

Postings above were moved or copied from the Q&A topic, as it would be a responce topic generating multiple replies by others.

My answer to the Q - 1985 was when I got my first TFs toy, but serious collecting started in 1992.

Man i'm glad you said that Griff i was so damm confused.........

1985 i think, that's when the toys came available to me i think. I started to do heaps more work around the farm so i could earn more money to buy TF's.
    (I was 7)

But after G1 i left until 2004, the love was still there but i diddn't see any of the shows because BW made me puke.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

1985-1987. Stopped when I hit high school to concentrate on females, alcohol and other unmentionables.

Got back into it a few years ago when noticing (and purchasing) figs like..

- R.I.D. Stormjet and Sideburn
    - Alt Smokescreen and Hound
    - the first MP Prime released here
    - Hasbro Commemorative Series

So in my universe, Beast Wars may as well be Machine Men for all it adds to my personal Tf lore as I skipped it altogether.

Back in the beginning of the line. So I guess 84/85.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

19 May 1984 when Grandma got me my first figure (Optimus Prime) for my 9th birthday.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm