Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TF: The Movie - 30th Anniversary

Hasbro should embrace the controversy and make the theme next year be Movie vs Beast Wars. Beast mode versions of some movie characters, updates of more BW characters that need it, and a storyline involving time travel and a plot to assassinate Rodimus before he ever becomes Prime...

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    The way I see it, 2016 will be about Beasts, from G1 to Beast Wars. Combiner Wars will give us a Predaking, we'll then get a set of Generations G1 Dinobots, and then some more Beast Wars!
    Just using this quote again I just think this line up would be to good to be true the reasoning is sound, merchandising all the beasts together, but it just sounds like to much for one year! If next year combiner wars brings us Computron, and the fan built combiner and maybe even Bruticus as well, the line up is going to be pretty full already. My guess is Hasbro will utilize Platinum sets to reissue some beast wars figures.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron
    I still think the toys and IDW comics will continue to be closely aligned. Yes, the ongoing comics are an extension of G1 but they've incorporated parts of other continuities. You might get other appearances by BW characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    Just using this quote again I just think this line up would be to good to be true the reasoning is sound, merchandising all the beasts together, but it just sounds like to much for one year! If next year combiner wars brings us Computron, and the fan built combiner and maybe even Bruticus as well, the line up is going to be pretty full already. My guess is Hasbro will utilize Platinum sets to reissue some beast wars figures.
    My reasoning for the focus on Beasts in 2016 actually extends from the IDW Comics. They recently included the 13 as the original progenitors of the TF race, including Onyx Prime, the Beast Prime. The current storyline centres around the Enigma of Combination, a device created by Nexus Prime, who was allied with Onyx Prime in the little war thing the 13 had. So it's not hard to think that Onyx or his legacy might get drawn into future storytelling.

All speculation of course, but it's fun to do.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

If Beast Wars is going to be a significant element to next year's toyline, IDW would already know about it, as they would have mapped out the next year of storyline to sow the seeds of it... so that it doesn't just suddenly happen and be disjointed from the rest of the story universe (like AHM).
    But I think that IDW won't be allowed to get too far ahead with their lead in to a Beast element of their story, as it would give away whatever Hasbro has planned for their marketing of Beast toys or 2016 toyline. (like Metroplex and Combiners in previous years)

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Hasbro should embrace the controversy and make the theme next year be Movie vs Beast Wars. Beast mode versions of some movie characters, updates of more BW characters that need it, and a storyline involving time travel and a plot to assassinate Rodimus before he ever becomes Prime...
    That would be an awesome story line, with Rattrap and Waspinator being sucked into the future to preserve the timeline

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    If Beast Wars is going to be a significant element to next year's toyline, IDW would already know about it, as they would have mapped out the next year of storyline to sow the seeds of it... so that it doesn't just suddenly happen and be disjointed from the rest of the story universe (like AHM).
    But I think that IDW won't be allowed to get too far ahead with their lead in to a Beast element of their story, as it would give away whatever Hasbro has planned for their marketing of Beast toys or 2016 toyline. (like Metroplex and Combiners in previous years)
    The seeds are perhaps already there: Rhinox's albeit brief cameo RID #38 was all about Onyx Prime.

Just to clarify: I'm not wanting to see a Beast Wars-like event in the IDW G1 universe. I'd like to see more BW characters used in the IDW G1 universe (a la Rattrap, Rhinox and Waspinator) because it means they would most likely get a new toy version:P

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    I still think the toys and IDW comics will continue to be closely aligned. Yes, the ongoing comics are an extension of G1 but they've incorporated parts of other continuities. You might get other appearances by BW characters.
    I think this has actually been one of the strengths of the IDW'verse that they have not been afraid to incorporate characters from other continuities. We've had several from Beast Wars, Tankorr from Beast Machines, Hot Shot from Armada, Dreadwing from G2, Gigatron (Megs) from the old RID, Lockdown from Animated etc etc. This has opened up new potential storylines as well as scope for new Generations toys that can be advertised via the comics medium. And in cases like Sky Byte its worked on both levels

Actually, there is one Beast Wars character that I'd really love to see a Generations toy done of... Blackarachnia. The original toy is nice, and I have the Takara version which features more show-like colours, but let's face it -- at the end of the day, she's just a repaint of Tarantulas. I'd be neat to see them try and make a more show-accurate Blackarachnia figure. If they can do it for Arcee, I'm sure they can do it for Blackarachnia. I also wouldn't mind seeing a Generations Terrorsaur.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Actually, there is one Beast Wars character that I'd really love to see a Generations toy done of... Blackarachnia. The original toy is nice, and I have the Takara version which features more show-like colours, but let's face it -- at the end of the day, she's just a repaint of Tarantulas. I'd be neat to see them try and make a more show-accurate Blackarachnia figure. If they can do it for Arcee, I'm sure they can do it for Blackarachnia.
    She would be my #1 pick, too.

Hopefully another reissue of unicorn, but this time have an australian release. I always wanted both unicron and primus, they are just so expensive
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures