Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Target 30% off Big Brands (Transformers inc.) - ends 22nd March

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    What does that make Leader Megatron now (G1 in particular, but they're the same pricepoint). What's his regular price.
    Should be 62-63$ now, might just pick one up... even though a certain other look-alike 3p figure is just around the corner and i dont normally double up on characters...

The regular price at Target is $89, so 30% off is $62.30.
    Definitely cheaper than importing at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    No Star Wars. Booo.

The things you come up with is disturbing. Who does this anyway?
    I haven't done it myself because I import most things, but I know people who do... and even though it feels like it is wrong to me, I can't actually find anything wrong with it if you do it at a store that allows for exchanges due to a "change of mind".
    The store isn't losing money or losing stock, as you paid them at one price, and swapping it for a different item in the EXACT SAME assortment, regardless of what new price it is at.

Stores are not required to exchange items due to "change of mind", that's just something some stores do to get people to shop there... so if there aren't any conditions preventing you from buying something ahead of a price-rise or during a sale, the store isn't losing anything. If anything, it would clear out early waves quicker for them to restock, for us to get later waves quicker.

The only thing I can think of that is a possible negative is if too many people buy up in bulk and prevent others from getting the toys while they are on sale.... but I feel that it is more likely to have people buying up the cheap toys in bulk just to sell them later at full price, or at a premium, at a collector fair or on ebay.

Wow. $63 is pretty good actually. I need to find one then. I hope somewhere close restocks.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

If you find one can you get a hold put on one for me? Kinda keen because I don't have time to toy hunt