View Poll Results: JP MP-24 Star Saber - worth buying?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

22 47.83%
  • Only if...

8 17.39%
  • Not worth it

1 2.17%
  • I'm not even interested

15 32.61%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP MP-24 Masterpiece Star Saber

Just a reminder that the Masterpiece toyline is a Japanese toyline and that the toys are based off characters off the TV series and since the Japanese TV is an extended version of the G1 cartoon, expect to see characters that never got a (normal) release in Australia.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by Chevron Action Flash View Post
    Thanks for clarifying SS's origin and place in TFs. Doesnt change my opinion of the figure but it at least explains why the freak got made.
    You're welcome.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

As others have noted, the black-box Masterpiece toys are made for Japanese fans... and subsequently, most are desired by Western (Hasbro) fans but not all, as Soundblaster, Tigertrack, and Exhaust were less popular with Western fans because they were not originally released in Western markets as Gen1 toys... so are less familiar and less desired.

But one thing that many have missed is that Star Saber WON A FAN VOTE to be the 30th Anniversary Masterpiece toy (for the Japanese Masterpiece toyline)... so complain to the fans who wanted this, not TakaraTomy for making what fans demanded.

Both of those reasons is why it is not likely to be released by Hasbro, and I'm actually surprised to see it coming here as one of the direct imports by TRU Australia.

(topic moved into review topic)

That was worth a lol.

Personally, I couldn't care less for Star Saber but I understand his place in TF lore. Have at him fellas I'll be eagerly awaiting the release of MP Tracks
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I hope we have a Psychiatry student here - We found your thesis topic here!

Hrmmm nice fiery discussion. I love it. I don't mind SS but wouldn't go out of my way to own him. But every fan deserves their favourite bot being made.

Just wanting to note that some of the more feisty posts have been hidden, as it is detracting from the point of the topic - people's opinions of this toy, regardless of if they are getting it or not. (that's why there is a poll option for people to say if the are not even interested)

If a new fan/member isn't aware of the origins of a particular toy, please educate them, not ridicule them.

Looking at the options for the Japenese Masterpiece Line, I would have wanted one of the Unicron Trilogy Primes or Fortress Maximus. But I understand why they chose Star Saber (doesn't change my opinion of the toy though )

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    Looking at the options for the Japenese Masterpiece Line, I would have wanted one of the Unicron Trilogy Primes or Fortress Maximus. But I understand why they chose Star Saber (doesn't change my opinion of the toy though )
    I'm just trying to imagine an MP Scale Fort Max....