Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: JP Unite Warriors Menasor now official

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Well, they are Aerialbots not Jetbots, and a helicopter is an aerial vehicle. Looks out of place? What about Silverbolt? He's a commercial/civilian Concorde jet among military aircraft! At least Alpha Bravo is a military helicopter; he can still provide air support. What's Silverbolt going to do?
    If it helps, my head canon is that Silverbolt is a form of AWACS/Combat control, directing the other Aerialbots. But then I like each member ofma team to serve a different function (similar to my head canon about the Seekers) - but each to their own. I'll get Slingshot (or whatever his new name is) and Wildrider (Ditto) but I'm not sure if I'll replace them in the combiners yet.

Quote Originally Posted by VGMStudios View Post
    No because every other Megatron is from a difference series.
    Its like this, would you have no problem if IDW and Hasbro changed G1 Optimus? Or heck even Optimus himself?

Every iteration of these guys had some sort of similarity, used the same formula if you will. Color, weapon, what have you. Tell me when did Prime ever not have a gun or Megs not have a canon on his arm or by his side? I can't think of any. I'm sure people would be upset if they changed the formula. Would an orange and pink Optimus Prime be okay with you? Serious question.

This is how I feel. Seeing at Superion is MY favorite character of all the TFs, I think its justified (to me at least) to not want huge changes to him. I hope you can see where I am coming from.
    CW Megs is a tank, which is a continuation of G1 like CW Superion. Why can CW Megs be a tank while the combiners need to be 100% G1 authentic?

An orange and pink OP would bother me only because those colours look bad together, not because they changed the colour.

Grimlock is my god but I'm not in arms with Bayverse and RiDv2 huge departures from the original G1 model.

I'll respect your opinion of preferring G1 Superion. I'm someone that embraces change as well as homages, which is why I've pre-ordered the UW Superion while also buying the Hasbro one as well.

Its like this, would you have no problem if IDW and Hasbro changed G1 Optimus? Or heck even Optimus himself?

Every iteration of these guys had some sort of similarity, used the same formula if you will. Color, weapon, what have you. Tell me when did Prime ever not have a gun or Megs not have a canon on his arm or by his side? I can't think of any. I'm sure people would be upset if they changed the formula. Would an orange and pink Optimus Prime be okay with you? Serious question.

This is how I feel. Seeing at Superion is MY favorite character of all the TFs, I think its justified (to me at least) to not want huge changes to him. I hope you can see where I am coming from.
    I'd say gun to tank is quite a huge change. May be a logical one, but huge nonetheless.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Animated Optimus (no gun), Alternity Megatron and GTR Megatron (no canon). If going by name then any version of Beast Wars/Beast Machines Megs but He's a different character.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

You could maybe stop being a baby though.

Every iteration of these guys had some sort of similarity, used the same formula if you will. Color, weapon, what have you. Tell me when did Prime ever not have a gun or Megs not have a canon on his arm or by his side? I can't think of any. I'm sure people would be upset if they changed the formula.
    G1-continuity Megatrons without arm-mounted cannons:
    + 1985 (VSX/Walther P38)
    + 1993 (tank)
    + 1994 (tank)
    + 1995 (Porsche)
    + 1996 (Crocodile)
    + 1997 (F-22 Raptor)
    + 2006 (Ti Series GI Joe/tank)
    + 2007 (Ti Series WWI/tank)
    + 2007 (Nike Free 7.0)
    + 2008 (Universe/tank)
    + 2009 (Alternity/Nissan 370Z)
    + 2012 (Generations Asia/tank)
    + 2014 (Be@rbrick/bear)

There have also been several non-G1 Megatrons without arm cannons, e.g. BW Megatron (T-Rex/Dragon), RiD Megatron (6-10 changer), Armada Megatron, Energon Megatron, Cybertron Megatron, Movieverse Megatron (except ROTF) (etc.?)

Would an orange and pink Optimus Prime be okay with you? Serious question.
    Pink Optimus Prime.

Sure. So just skip Alpha Bravo and stick to collecting the other Aerialbots?

I think the discussion of this matter is starting to go a bit off-topic and personal. Each person has their reasons for liking different things, and as long as each is based on something official, no one is wrong, or more right than others.
    And just be careful with posing questions as a defence, as there might be other people who know something you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans Lunch View Post
    That's a bit too far.

If people don't like the attitude of another member or their perspectives of Transformers, just ignore them and move onto another topic... don't bring yourself down to their level and then expect to be seen as any more mature.

Unite Menasor looks worthy of a purchase, I really do appreciate the different colors on motormaster. The rest of the team look pretty similar to hasbro's offering. Breakdown looks to have an off white color, original images sort of indicated he was just a bright white.

Oh I'm of the opinion, that Alpha Bravo is an extra team member for the Aerialbots, not a replacement. Same goes for Off Road in the Stunticons. But I prefer the originals, doesn't mean they can't change for the future. If they are going to change why just stop at just one member? I would prefer at least 2 new members, to make a bigger deal of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ploughmans
    Oh! I am sorry for having an opinion. Please forgive me.
    I wasn't aware that I wasn't suppose to have one and to let IDW and Hasbro tell me what I should like. How silly of me.
    Here I'll bend over for you.. I'd like another please!

Wow, jerk much?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin
    That's a bit too far. And just be careful with posing questions as a defence, as there might be other people who know something you don't.
    Thank you!

FYI, it wasnt a defense. I was actually asking since I couldn't remember, so thank you to those who helped me out!

Besides when did I ever say that he needs to remain G1?
    All I said was that I dont like and will not accepts a helicopter as Superion.
    To ME he is an AIRPLANE team, nothing else.

If that makes me a baby, well you can go someplace where its hot and voice your crude comments there!

Anyways..go back on topic people.
    Last edited by VGMStudios; 14th April 2015 at 05:52 AM.

More images of the JP Stunticons from a Japanese Hobby magazine.