Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: US GEN Slingshot & Wildrider confirmed - with new names

I preordered them through Premium Collectables. With shipping the total was $54.90. Don't think I'll get better then that.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I preordered them through Premium Collectables. With shipping the total was $54.90. Don't think I'll get better then that.
    Now that's a good deal.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

And another American online store will have the pair, as BBTS have announced that they will sell theirs at midnight on the 22nd (in America), at a limit of 1 set per person due to limited stock.
    Their price will be US$18 each, which isn't too bad for them, as the regular retail price would be $16, if these two were regular release toys.

From my calculations, this should be 2pm today (East Australia time)... so if you were aiming to get a pair from there, set your alarm. And if you miss out, they have a second batch 10 hours later.

So much arseing around for two toys exclusive this, exclusive that blah blah blah
    No doubt we'll see it all over again with Groove. The life of a toy fan can be so hard at times...

BBTS sent out an email half an hour ago to warn people about when it starts... and there must be a lot of people trying to get these, as the site is currently slower than ours.
    They were in-stock when I got them into my cart, but after waiting 3 minutes for it to get to the checkout stage, Quickslinger didn't show up... so I had to go back and re-cart it... taking another 3 minutes to go to the checkout stage again. Then another 4 minutes waiting for the purchase to process. Then it came up as an error with no explanation, so I checked my POL to see if it went in... it didn't, so I went back a page and tried again. Another minute later it was telling me that I didn't select a payment (because I didn't re-check the option), two minutes later the same error screen came up.
    So I go back and try to re-cart another pair, and going through the whole checkout process again, it then tells me that it will be added to my POL (which I didn't have one yet)... so I go back to my account, and sure enough, there they are, despite still getting an error message that there was a problem with the order.

So it took me 18 minutes to get these two toys, thanks to all the other fanboys rushing the site to get them.

The direct links for anyone wanting them from BBTS to stick in their POL...
    Quickslinger
    Brake-Neck

I did a thread about it 20 minutes ago. Sorry, should have put it here

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    BBTS sent out an email half an hour ago to warn people about when it starts... and there must be a lot of people trying to get these, as the site is currently slower than ours.
    They were in-stock when I got them into my cart, but after waiting 3 minutes for it to get to the checkout stage, Quickslinger didn't show up... so I had to go back and re-cart it... taking another 3 minutes to go to the checkout stage again. Then another 4 minutes waiting for the purchase to process. Then it came up as an error with no explanation, so I checked my POL to see if it went in... it didn't, so I went back a page and tried again. Another minute later it was telling me that I didn't select a payment (because I didn't re-check the option), two minutes later the same error screen came up.
    So I go back and try to re-cart another pair, and going through the whole checkout process again, it then tells me that it will be added to my POL (which I didn't have one yet)... so I go back to my account, and sure enough, there they are, despite still getting an error message that there was a problem with the order.

So it took me 18 minutes to get these two toys, thanks to all the other fanboys rushing the site to get them.

The direct links for anyone wanting them from BBTS to stick in their POL...
    Quickslinger
    Brake-Neck
    25 mins later and still in stock. I think BBTS did a good job of creating panic/demand by warning people that they have limited stock etc, because it was the tipping point for me to get a pair
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

Did you succeed?

I got the email confirmation, and re-checked to make sure I didn't end up with multiples and get punished for it.
    People on other fansites had the same problems, so that's reassuring (for me).

Now it will be about 3-4 months before I see them, as I don't order anything around the time of BotCon, in case I find the items at retail while in America.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Did you succeed?

I got the email confirmation, and re-checked to make sure I didn't end up with multiples and get punished for it.
    People on other fansites had the same problems, so that's reassuring (for me).

Now it will be about 3-4 months before I see them, as I don't order anything around the time of BotCon, in case I find the items at retail while in America.
    I managed to grab the pair. Loading the pages took longer than normal but still got through the confirmation page in 5 mins.

I got the order confirmation email and in my Pile of Loot page, it has the two listed (just that the payment is still processing).
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"