Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toyfair Latin America

Default Toyfair Latin America

I wasn't even aware of a Toy (trade) fair in Latin/South America, as it was never on the Toy Fair calendar in Retailer magazines. I thought Australia was the last of the season in March, but it looks like Latin America gets the last show in April... and this year is their 32nd Toy Fair. (don't click on that link unless you want to see their corporate website)

So it is on this week since Tuesday at Sao Paulo in Brazil, but we aren't likely to see much as the Hasbro exhibit looks to only have the first wave of Generations all in sealed packaging. There are however, some photos of Devastator, being held by an adult, showing off its size... all posted on a Brazilian Transformers fansite. (paste the address into google translate, and select Portuguese as the source language, to read what is written)

It mentions an April launch for Generations in that part of the world, and a 2nd half of 2015 release for Devastator.

Hrmmm those photos don't do justice to the Devastator. It makes it look cheap looking.

A little from column A, a little from column B.

From the same source comes a heap of photos of Devastator from all angles... something I would have done at the Australian toyfair if I had had more time.

Just be aware that this is just the display sample, so there might be colour differences to the manufactured product, and this sample might not be properly transformed, as instructions wouldn't have been printed up yet.

Wow. So much rage on the TFW boards.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by CBratron View Post
    Wow. So much rage on the TFW boards.
    Rage? What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by God Ginrai
    Dear 'Transformers Dioramas' photographers:

How hard is it to read the f****** instructions?

Sincerely,

God Ginrai
    Oh, now I understand.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Yeah, those first couple of comments is what prompted me to include the comment in my post above about them only being display samples.

There are so many internet memes that are applicable to those over-demanding self-entitled mum's-basement-dwelling internet trolls people, but I don't want to offend them...

Those photos are deceiving in some ways. I looked at the one next to CW Megatron and was shocked at how "small" he looked, but then looked at my sons CW Megatron and realised how big Devy will actually be. I think for what he is Devastator will be a great chunky playable toy ... my 8 year old can't WAIT to get his hands on him now I've shown him the pictures too.

It amuses me how many of the TFW'ers are obsessed with the mis-transformation aspect. Tough audience eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    It amuses me how many of the TFW'ers are obsessed with the mis-transformation aspect. Tough audience eh!
    Nah, they're just firstworlders with too much time & not enough perspective on their hands. wait 'til they experience a famine or war, they'll soon be whistling a different tune

As evident with most figures like Devastator, such as Superion or Metroplex, they can't really be judged for quality until they're in hand. Superion was looking a bit shoddy in a few pics, being mistransformed or in bad poses. Metroplex was in his slightly mistransformed state.

Many judge these figures way too early, and when they come out, it's smiles all around.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust