Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Takara Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Pfft. Man up. Get both.
    I can't afford both.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

In hand photos have surfaced since it should be released near end of this month

http://news.tfw2005.com/2015/12/12/m...-images-306705

Now they are using the original C3 emblem infront the box of Road Rage while Tracks used the latest one

Megatran Guest

What's the relevance of Twincast as an accessory? (excuse my ignorance)

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    I don't think it will have anything to do with Roadrage (storywise). I think it just makes use of part of the tooling for Tracks... or to make sure some fans didn't complain about the wasted opportunity of having Twincast done from the Blaster accessory. If they could have redecoed Raoul into someone plausible as well, they probably would have.

(the early release of JP Devastator may have been good for some, but with Roadrage still coming out December 26th, it didn't matter to me as I still have to wait until the 26th to ship my HLJ loot )

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

So NY has already shipped my Road Rage sometime back, I just saw Goki's page which showed the box.

It might be early for me to pass judgement but from the looks of it TT had cut cost and not paint Road Rage and instead gave plastic red.

I am getting to the point that I might not want to collect mps anymore if they are just going to skip paint apps.

I just gotten my Sideswipe mp from jetfire and WOW the red was well done!
    Look at it just pop!

Look back at Tracks and I am like "really?"

I am so afraid how ironhide will be as this is a major blow if everything just looks plastic moulded and is rather a dull finish. I hope I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    It is explained in Road Rage's bio. See translation here.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    So NY has already shipped my Road Rage sometime back, I just saw Goki's page which showed the box.

It might be early for me to pass judgement but from the looks of it TT had cut cost and not paint Road Rage and instead gave plastic red.

I am getting to the point that I might not want to collect mps anymore if they are just going to skip paint apps.

I just gotten my Sideswipe mp from jetfire and WOW the red was well done!
    Look at it just pop!

Look back at Tracks and I am like "really?"

I am so afraid how ironhide will be as this is a major blow if everything just looks plastic moulded and is rather a dull finish. I hope I am wrong.
    I have to agree with what your saying. This is a deal breaker for me as it really takes away from the appeal of masterpieces. But an unpainted plastic finish is more practical for play and transforming. But I don't care I want these pieces to look beautiful and shiny on display

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    I have to agree with what your saying. This is a deal breaker for me as it really takes away from the appeal of masterpieces. But an unpainted plastic finish is more practical for play and transforming. But I don't care I want these pieces to look beautiful and shiny on display
    Is a masterpiece, my bluestreak is all shiny whether I play it or not. I expect some effort in masterpiece line. I now remember why I hated mp-10 optimus is because is not painted and yet people are paying over $200 for it.

Sideswipe used to be in my "is okay" list but now I like it as the paint just pops

Wheeljack seems to be where have left me bored as the plastic white just doesn't work.

If road Rage is painted, I can tell you right now is better than Tracks, else I think I wasted my money.

Wasn't sure where to post this one, but there didn't seem to be a pic of the coin in this thread.

But I also have a question. Is it just me, or does the packaging remind anyone else of the Decepticon symbol?

It also got me thinking. On the 1985 (?) box art with "red tracks", there are three images at different stages of transformation. I wondered if there was a perceptible faction symbol on any of these images.

Looking at the print in Transformers Legacy and zooming in, I got these:

Which don't really look like a symbol at all, but letters, so I used the back of my G1 Roadbuster box to get:

And then this:

Much clearer image and is that not a DS? Maybe for Decepticon symbol? Why was the symbol never painted? And if "red Tracks" was supposed to be a Decepticon, why was Roadrage made an Autobot? Could the shape of the packaging for the coin be a nod to this?

Is this even a thing, or am I seeing things that aren't there? I'd love another opinion!

Rumour has it there were plans to have some of the Diaclone repaints made into Decepticon cars back in the 80's, hence MP Exhaust is a sort of homage to this idea.

However when it came round to releasing Road Rage in 2002 Takara probably decided to make her an Autobot because it made more sense to them at the time, or some other reason. This is all just theory really.