Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thrilling 30 Wrap Up - Thoughts, Acquisitions etc

Default Thrilling 30 Wrap Up - Thoughts, Acquisitions etc

So as the 30th Anniversary year of the TF's comes to a close, we have finally had the Thrilling 30 toys (almost) all come out that we so eagerly discussed last year.

The full list and pics can be found here: http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...he-toys/31721/

So:
    1: How did you feel about the Thrilling 30 lineup?
    2: What figures did you miss out on that you wanted?
    3: Are there any figures you don't have yet you intend to get down the line?
    4: List all the figures from the 30 you got and post pics if you have'em

For me it's:

1: I was kinda disappointed at how few original figures there were in the line. They were mostly redo's of toys from other lines. I thought having two different special editions of Metroplex (No's #1 & #5) and two Shockwave's Laboratory (No's #2 & #6) in there was cheating to be honest. I thought No #16 - the Protectobot Evac Squad was crap! I have GDO Hot Spot and he is a million times better than the Hot Spot you get here who looks like a weird Grapple/Inferno hybrid. A lot of the figures I already had in other forms so couldn't justify buying them again (already had Generations Metroplex, 25th Anniversary G1 Predaking, 2 versions of FOC Bruticus etc).

2: I was going to buy Shockwave's Labratory (No #2) but was having too much trouble getting it shipped to Aus so just bought the Tak/Tom version of the Voyager figure. Was gonna grab G1 Coloured Dinobot Slog (No #18) but saw the regular version on special a couple of weeks ago on the shelves so saved myself the hassle and just grabbed that, don't think he's good enough to warrant buying a second.

3: Got Windblade (No #30) sitting in my POL with BBTS. Got Jetfire (No #21) sitting in my HLJ vault. Trent is currently trying to track down a Sunstorm (No #15) for me. I may end up getting the Grimlock Evolutions Pack (No #24) when it drops further in price. I couldn't afford Acid Storm (No #8) at the time and if I can ever find him at a reasonable price will grab him.

4:

No #3 - Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus

No #9 - Masterpiece Soundwave

No #27 - Masterpiece Prowl

(Edit: Actually come to think of it, this is the Tak/Tom version so not sure if it counts)

No #29 - Platinum Edition Silver Knight Optimus Prime

It seemed really cool at first, but it began to fade. There were some great things in there, but a lot of rehashed stuff and nothing special. Overall I think they could have done much better. Having pretty much an identical product as multiple numbers in the 30 was pretty disappointing.

I never managed to pick up a Masterpiece Soundwave, due to the terrible distribution (which looks to be shaping up for newer toys). I also never got to buy Predaking, which I really just forgot about. The Grimlock and Silver Knight Optimus set didn't look too bad either.

I intend to pick up Soundwave sometime in the future, though probably the Takara version, since it's cheaper and is way easier to find. I'd like to get Predaking if I can find him cheap. Windblade is maybe for me, I'm planning to read the comic and will probably end up wanting one.

From the 30, I got:
    - Platinum Edition Ultra Magnus
    - Platinum Edition Grimlock vs Bruticus (signed by Gregg Berger )
    - Platinum Edition Year of the Horse Optimus Prime
    - Generations Leader Jetfire (in my incoming POL)
    - Masterpiece MP-03 Grimlock (best figure in the 30)
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Well, I was about to say I enjoyed the three new Beast Wars figures being part of the Thrilling 30... but none of them are.

See you all in 2016.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

23 of 30, so pissed about the duplications!!! And including crappy kiddy one step or smash change or whatever the prime was.... I haven't got space for that crap!

Anyway,....

2 - PRIME BEAST HUNTERS SHOCKWAVE’S LAB (w/ Predaking) - SDCC EDITION
    3 - PLATINUM EDITION ULTRA MAGNUS
    4 - PLATINUM EDITION GRIMLOCK VS. BRUTICUS Set
    5 - GENERATIONS TITAN CLASS METROPLEX - HK Ani-Con & Game Convention Edition
    8 - MASTERPIECE ACID STORM
    9 - MASTERPIECE SOUNDWAVE Set (5 cassettes)
    10 - PLATINUM EDITION PREDAKING Set
    12 - PLATINUM EDITION Year of the Horse OPTIMUS PRIME (MP-10)
    14 - TF4 AOE FIRST EDITION Optimus Prime
    15 - MASTERPIECE MP-05 Sunstorm
    16 - Protectobots Evac Squad (Hotspot, Blades)
    17 - Protectobots Emergency Response (First Aid, Groove, Streetsmart)
    18 - TF4 AOE VOYAGER Slog (Generation One deco to match SDCC 4-pack) Incoming
    20 - TF4 AOE PLATINUM EDITION Breakout Battle
    21 - GENERATIONS Jetfire
    22 - TF4 EVOLUTIONS Bumblebee
    23 - TF4 EVOLUTIONS Optimus Prime
    24 - TF4 EVOLUTIONS Grimlock
    25 - TF4 EVOLUTIONS Dinobot Slug
    26 - TF4 EVOLUTIONS Strafe
    27 - MASTERPIECE MP-04 Prowl
    29 - PLATINUM DLX (TF3) Silver Knight Optimus & VOY (FOC) Grimlock
    30 - GENERATIONS Windblade (Incoming)

Don't forget that it is officially 32 of 30... for anyone doing up a list of what they got from it.

Overall I was pretty under-whelmed by the 30th anniversary line, it really did seem like they made it up as they went along. Surely Hasbro could have planned it better... The convention exclusives should have not been apart of the lineup.

Not really

Nope

5 - GENERATIONS TITAN CLASS METROPLEX - HK Ani-Con & Game Convention Edition
    6 - PRIME BEAST HUNTERS SHOCKWAVE’S LAB (w/ Predaking)
    8 - MASTERPIECE ACID STORM - ToysRUs Exclusive
    9 - MASTERPIECE SOUNDWAVE Set (5 cassettes)
    10 - PLATINUM EDITION Year of the Horse OPTIMUS PRIME (MP-10)
    14 - TF4 AOE FIRST EDITION Optimus Prime
    15 - MASTERPIECE MP-05 Sunstorm
    16 - Protectobots Evac Squad (Hotspot, Blades)
    17 - Protectobots Emergency Response (First Aid, Groove, Streetsmart) -
    21 - GENERATIONS Jetfire
    22 - TF4 EVOLUTIONS Bumblebee
    23 - TF4 EVOLUTIONS Optimus Prime
    24 - TF4 EVOLUTIONS Grimlock
    25 - TF4 EVOLUTIONS Dinobot Slug
    26 - TF4 EVOLUTIONS Strafe
    27 - MASTERPIECE MP-04 Prowl
    29 - PLATINUM DLX (TF3) Silver Knight Optimus & VOY (FOC) Grimlock
    30 - GENERATIONS Windblade

i ended up with 12 of the 32, not buy actively hunting them down though, just the MP's and a couple of the cheapies that were available here like the OP & FoC Grimlock two pack, Evolutions and a few other online bargains

Underwhelmed. I thought this lineup would be an iconic representation of the30 years of the line, instead it's just filled with albeit random mishmash of characters and products that Hasbro wanted to flog off. Didn't really buy into the hype when I saw the first ones they included I knew this was as directionless as line.

I wanted the MP Soundwave with all the four cassettes. I already have the Takara version but I just wanted to get the TRU release to keep as well. Needless to say that figure was heavily scalped as I have not seen it at all..in any TRU I've got access to.
    Still, since I have my Takara version anyways, I'm good. Not a loss. Just wanted to avail of it since it was sold more affordably priced.

I also wanted not the figure but the accessory it came with - That Solus Hammer that came with the Prime Ultra Magnus.Good thing a Third party company covered that well.

None, I've already gotten the figure I wanted from the list.

#8 MP Acid Storm

#21 Generations Leader Class Jetfire and
    #30 Generations Deluxe Windblade

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Megatran Guest

I lost interest very early on when I found out different versions of the same mould/character were included in the list. Ended up with about 5.

Surprised that an Optimus Prime G1 reissue in a special package like the 25th anniversary was not in the list.

Ha ha ha ha! I felt NOTHING
    Nope. I didn't miss out as this was a wasted opportunity. It would have been nice if they had some figures that celebrated the 30th anniversary, instead of it being a line of random releasd toys.
    Nope
    None, so none.

his was a horribly executed "special line." So many Metroplexes.... Really Hasbro?

Lost Interest soon after it was launched 0/5 stars