Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Platinum edition G1 Trypticon reissue

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    The thing I don't get about RK is that it appears cheaper to ship Trypticon to the States or UK than what it is to ship to AU... Geez, that's logistics for you...
    Who are they using to ship to Oz - do you know?
    I ask because as someone who uses HK post a lot I can tell you Oz is cheaper than the UK to ship to and the heavier an item gets the more on par with the US the shipping price gets... OZ and NZ seem to get the short end of the stick when it comes to shipping costs from a lot of places. Having said that I always find the shipping cost for RK annoying as even I have to pay 4 times what actual postage is to have their items shipped and I live under 5 km away from their warehouse. (They don't allow pickup.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Pretty pretty shiny shiny.
    Couldn't have said it better myself

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    I ask because as someone who uses HK post a lot I can tell you Oz is cheaper than the UK to ship to and the heavier an item gets the more on par with the US the shipping price gets... OZ and NZ seem to get the short end of the stick when it comes to shipping costs from a lot of places. Having said that I always find the shipping cost for RK annoying as even I have to pay 4 times what actual postage is to have their items shipped and I live under 5 km away from their warehouse. (They don't allow pickup.)
    that's a bit of a rip!
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

There's not much choice really. Purchase from Robot Kingdom and get ripped on the shipping, or wait even longer and get ripped harder by Toys R Us. I'd rather pay $AU270 to RK now and receive it the week of June 23rd, than wait months and pay probably $AU299 from TRU.

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Makes me wish my work gave me TRU vouchers. Honestly though so far this is about the only platinum I would buy, I'd love to have it up on my top shelf next to Menasor, the only other one I've come close to getting is predaking, but call me strange... I prefer the 2004 jp reissue. But Tryptocon's a dinosaur! With frickin' laser beams! $270 isnt so bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Bladestorm View Post
    Sucks that they don't allow pickup for someone who lives so close! I can't remember which carrier service it was, but it was the usual 3 options. In the end I pre-ordered using the cheapest option ($53.71US postage). Total came to $280AU... I'll just tell the wife that I won the lotto... yeah, that'll work...

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    I'll just tell the wife that I won the lotto... yeah, that'll work...
    Or tell her that you didn't play lotto and hence the savings!

Link to TFW for a pic from CP of the back of the box.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...t12578557.html
    Last edited by griffin; 26th May 2015 at 12:27 PM.

So pumped for this. Premiumcollectables appear to have hinted on Facebook that they will be carrying this. Very curious to find out pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Oh my, that's looks to be a really big box.
    Brought to you from t he same guys that padded out MP Prowl

Oh Man, I wants me one of these babies!!
    So so bad!

Sucker for that motorised walking....

It walks!! So, so bought!

My 8 year old and I have decided to go 1/2's in the cost of getting one as he's got money left over from his red pockets after he buys Devastator (and I don't get in trouble with the hubby for buying too many non-Optimus figures for myself). Now to see where Trypti's gunna be available here (other than RK).
    My son is having a fabulous year with all of his favourite mega-sized G1 Decepticons coming out... Bruticus would make a trifecta year for him...

So I've never seen a Trypticon in person, whats a modern figure that he's a similar size to? Also how heavy is he? If he is super heavy I might just wait for TRU to get him locally.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.