Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unite Warriors Superion - ToysRUs import for Australia

Default Unite Warriors Superion - ToysRUs import for Australia

I can now reveal that Hasbro Australia will be releasing TakaraTOMY's Unite Warriors Superion set here. I don't know what the price will be, but I've been told that this will be out at Toys R Us in July. This is another set of instructions which I've translated for Hasbro, and here are two images from the draft (final copy may vary )

Front cover (original Japanese version)

Front cover (translated)

Contents page:

In the original Japanese version, the Aerialbots are introduced for each mode (robot, arm, leg) with their names written in Japanese then English in smaller writing underneath. For Hasbro's versions, I've had all the names written in English, so having it repeat itself in English again underneath felt superfluous. So I've replaced the English subtitles with each character's motto in English, Latin and Japanese.

Oh, and yeah, Superion's motto is written in Latin on the front cover, but is written in English and Japanese inside the booklet (for the pages that show how to combine the Aerialbots into Superion and how to swap the limbs around).

Were you not allowed to use the names Slingshot and Fireflight?

Just curious Gok, and I do plead ignorance...why latin?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Were you not allowed to use the names Slingshot and Fireflight?
    They didn't tell me one way or the other, but I try to use the same trademarks as Hasbro just to play it on the safe side. This includes genericised trademarks, e.g. I always translate "transform" as "convert" and "transformation" as "conversion". I'm no legal expert, so I thought it best to just play it safe. I'm sure most people are just going to call them Slingshot and Fireflight anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptormesh View Post
    Just curious Gok, and I do plead ignorance...why latin?
    It's my 'personal signature' thing. In every translation/adaptation job I've done for Hasbro, I've included a copy of the character's motto in Latin. In the case of UW Superion, there was space to also include it in Japanese. I also personally think that mottos just look cool in Latin. Anyway, the English versions are all there too.

Woah, Goki impressive! If I didn't have UW Superion on pre-order, I'd strongly consider this.

Any ideas if other UW sets will be released here or is it something you need to keep mum?

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    Woah, Goki impressive! If I didn't have UW Superion on pre-order, I'd strongly consider this.
    Yeah, when I saw the news about the TakaraTOMY version becoming available for pre-order and the excitement that fans had over it, I mentioned it to Hasbro and asked when I might be able to tell people about Superion. They got back to me today and gave me the green light.

I feel like Benny from the Lego Movie who's just been told that I can now build a spaceship.

Quote Originally Posted by FruitBuyer View Post
    Any ideas if other UW sets will be released here or is it something you need to keep mum?
    Sorry, can't comment on that. (wish I could )
    "Ooh, you're really letting the oxygen out of my tank here!"

i hope it's not gonna be overpriced like the current trend of toys (insecticons, year of the goat, masterpieces, etc)

Wishful thinking

I am actually considering selling my current collection of Aerialbots (maybe not Alpha Bravo) so I can get this.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

I hope they release the Protectobots at some point too. That TakaraTomy Mall exclusive thing is kind of a kick in the nads.