Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31318192021222324252627283343 ... LastLast

Thread: Big W Total Toy Domination Sale 2015

Pun intended?

Surely those stores could offer a rain check?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Supreme View Post
    Got mine at Big W Rockdale (SYD) this morning. Was there for 6am opening. There were 3, I grabbed one and another guy grabbed the other 2.
    Well done. Though I called them last night and they said they didn't have them in. Oh well I've got one on hold at another store.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Careful guys. This person is my friend. He bought 1 for himself, 1 for me and 1 for another collector friend He was buying for friends and not for scalping He's probably bought from some of you as he browses and lurks here.

He called me while I was at work at past 5pm and asked me if I wanted to get 1. He was going to come tomorrow at opening time but thought it might already be available and passed by BigW tonight. He was almost leaving when he heard that someone else already bought 1.
    And faith in humanity is restored

Pun is always intended.
    And I asked but they just said there was nothing they could do because they weren't there.

Well, that was a stressful situation. Luckily I walked away with 2 - one for me and one for my son. That was just after midnight and by the time I left about 20 mins later, there was only 1 remaining. Glad I didn't wait until the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Empirion View Post
    Got my devy had to ask at the counter in rouse hill big w , There were about 4 behind the counter at 12.15
    That wasn't you in the red and black jacket was it? If it was, thank you for pointing out where they were I rushed straight to the back of the store (toy section) and was already asking staff who clearly had no idea what I was talking about
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I've been having trouble pinning one down as well. One store I went to yesterday hadn't received them yet, and a different store I called today hadn't either. Another store I visited yesterday said they thought they had them out back but hadn't unpacked them yet, that was about 10 minutes before they closed. I called them today not 15 minutes after they opened I was told they had one left, although I'm not sure the person I spoke to really put much effort in to assessing the situation. She had no idea what I was asking about, and didn't even seem to know what a transformer is. She may have just seen one left on the shelf and neglected to investigate the possibility of further stock out back.

In either case, I'm at work and wasn't able to get it held for me as it was a catalog item, which I guess is fair enough.

I do find it fairly incredible that despite this being a big ticket item in a heavily advertised sale, a lost of staff have absolutely no idea what it is.

Big w @ Winston Hills had 4 left at 0715, Gok called shortly after & they claimed to have sold out though.

Thankfully jet lag worked in my favor & I was awake at 6 & able to get there shortly after they opened & was able to obtain mine!
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

woo that's my pic, shame it's not my arms in it haha.

Big W Gladstone has some in. But you will have to hunt for it.

Spoiler: their in the bike section.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.