Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: BotCon 2015 news

Yes, an email was sent out with a massive list of everything they had for sale at the convention (click on "BotCon" exclusives)... and still at full price.
    If they could be trusted with postage, I'd recommend people here checking it out.
    They even have for sale the Frank Welker VIP items - the pin, the poster & pin, and the signed poster & pin.

2015 BotCon Exclusive Generations 2 (General Prime and Sgt Hound) 2 pack
    2015 BotCon Exclusive Diaclone Explorers (Burn Out & Life-Ticket) 2 pack
    2015 BotCon Exclusive Waruders (4 pack)
    2015 BotCon Exclusive Kre-O Earth's Most Wanted (6 pack)
    2015 BotCon Exclusive Hat (1 pc)
    2015 BotCon Exclusive Assembled Class Unpainted Figure (1 pc)
    2015 BotCon Exclusive Lithograph " Journey to Nexus Prime" (Unsigned) (1 pc)
    2015 BotCon Exclusive Lithograph " Journey to Nexus Prime" SIGNED (1 Pc)
    2015 BotCon Exclusive Oversized G.I. Joe Frank Welker Card UNSIGNED (1 pc)
    2015 BotCon Exclusive Three Panel Autograph Collector Card SEASON 3 (SIGNED) ( 1 pc)
    2015 BotCon Exclusive 3 Panel Autograph Collector Card Frank Welker Transformer UNSIGNED (1 pc)
    2015 BotCon Exclusive Comic Convention Program: TF Timelines Issue 11 "Cybertron: Most Wanted" (1 pc)
    2015 BotCon Exclusive Autograph Guest Cards Set 1 (guest cards NOT signed) (1 pc)
    2015 BotCon Exclusive Autograph Guest Cards Set 2 (guest cards NOT signed) (1 pc)
    2015 BotCon Exclusive Uncut Autograph Card Sheet of 8 Set 1 (1 pc)
    2015 BotCon Exclusive Uncut Autograph Card Sheet of 8 Set 2 (1 pc)
    2015 BotCon Exclusive Autograph Uncut CHASE Cards (1 pc)
    2015 BotCon Exclusive Frank Welker VIP Pass Non-Attending Package (1 pc)
    2015 BotCon Exclusive Megatron Lithograph UNSIGNED plus Megatron Cloisonne Pin (1 pc)
    2015 BotCon Exclusive Megatron Cloisonne Pin (1 pc)
    2015 BotCon Exclusive T-Shirt (Small, Medium, Large, XL, 2XL, 3XL)

Some questions by TFW that have been answered by the Hasbro people at BotCon.

Nothing significant though as they were intentionally very vague in their answers.

Someone has done up a comparison image of the BotCon toys with their Diaclone equivalents. (except Burnout and Lift-Ticket)

I'm surprised that FunPub didn't learn from Machine Wars about using more obscure elements of Transformers as the basis of most of their BotCon toys, despite saying that they wouldn't do that again... and yet here we have an element that wasn't even part of Transformers it is that obscure to Transformers fans.

Diaclone versions of Transformers would be one thing, which is already more obscure than Machine Wars, but having Diaclone versions of non-Transformers characters for a Transformers convention went over the top of most people's heads, including mine.
    I still have no idea what the Waruders are in relation to the existing post-Diaclone Transformers Universe... and I imagine others didn't either, as they were the least requested set of BotCon toys by the Australians I was buying toys for while at the convention.

And not only that, they put the two Diaclone drivers in with Gen2 Hound instead of the Diaclone Burnout and Lift-Ticket... forcing people wanting the Diaclone pair to buy the Gen2 pair to get their Drivers.

They probably can't wait for next year when they can just use Combiner redecos for the next five years of BotCon, which should be guaranteed winners if they don't do anything obscure again.

Thanks to the TFWiki, I was able to work out the various toy names this year, for anyone else who needs the names too...

Boxset - Megatron (w/ Scalpel/white, Heavyweight/?, Boombox/?), Packrat, Stepper (w/ Nebulon), Battletrap, Oilmaster (shell, car, jet)

Attendee - Zaptrap, Beet-Chit, Spy-Eye

Custom Class toy - Galva Convoy

Gen2 2-pack - General Optimus, Sargeant Hound (w/ Dia/?, Cline/?)

Diaclone 2-pack - Burn Out, Lift-Ticket

Waruder 4-pack - Parasite/purple (w/ Ripper), Mudfighter/orange (w/ Thrasher), Storm Rider/red (w/ Crusher), Paralyzer/white (w/ Buzzer)

Kreo - Autobot X, Nightbird, Doctor Arkeville, Robotmaster, Sentinel Prime, The Headmaster.

Megatran Guest

Was there any mention of the G1 Dinobots reissue at Botcon?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Was there any mention of the G1 Dinobots reissue at Botcon?
    They didn't mention any of the Platinums at all, and I asked about the Dinobot set... and was told to wait and see. (which means SDCC will have the reveals)

The first of my BotCon archive pages for this year's convention - Animated with Derrick Wyatt.

More to come.

Looking forward to reading the set

Oh, and "(blue one I missed)" is surely Siren.

Okay, I'll make a mention of it possibly being him.

The Club Magazine panel is now up.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    They didn't mention any of the Platinums at all, and I asked about the Dinobot set... and was told to wait and see. (which means SDCC will have the reveals)
    SDCC is just around the corner.

I'll take a highly improbable stab & say the Dinobots will come in 2 separate boxes. A 3-pack of the original trio & a 2-pack of Swoop & Snarl.