Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Ironhide

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!! View Post
    Weibo user 金属键盘RJ has posted a video review of his test shot Ironhide:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTQ0ODU3NTUyOA==.html

Transformation starts a bit past eight minutes in.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bEJ-KSxEow

OH NO!!!!
    PLEASE tell me that is not the final product as the RED is horrid. I can see its a prototype but you can straight away see sideswipe's red outshine this piece on the background.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bEJ-KSxEow

OH NO!!!!
    PLEASE tell me that is not the final product as the RED is horrid. I can see its a prototype but you can straight away see sideswipe's red outshine this piece on the background.
    Video does say unpainted test, so there is hope the final version will be better.

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Proportion wise he's not pretty. The narrow chest and wide hips dont help.

On a side note i google ironhide to refresh my memory and i get images of the movie version. No idea wtf im supposed to be looking at.
    Last edited by Tober; 19th January 2016 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Foul language

WOW, the bountiful hate in this thread and others for official Masterpiece toys is surprising.

I'm yet to open my Tracks, but everything else I've had up to now which is pretty much all the main releases and some extras I've been very happy with.

The retail cost of most of the cars has been at about AU$45 - AU$55 converted from Yen. the AU$80 - AU$100 mark that they cost locally is a result of import and other associated costs for retailers to get them to Australia and still be able to make a profit on them. it's unfair on the designers of these toys to judge them on the imported price in a foreign market.

The designs have been solid and in most cases, so has the fit and finish of the toys. They are still being manufactured as a child safe mass market product. There are always going to be design decisions made that make a product more affordable but potentially less appealing. Often these decisions are made by a marketing or management person who has no attachment to or understanding of the final point of the product.

perhaps is people are so upset with design decisions and product standards they could make a toy venting thread and put diatribe in there, leave the new product thread for discussion about the upcoming product and it's specific features or lack thereof.

just a thought.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Disappointing but not surprising the negative tone.

We do like to try and 'ruin' things for ourselves these days particularly the more pop culture stuff

I'm quite looking forward to this and really any other unannounced MPs. I take it as a gift to be getting these updated G1 transformers in 2016!
    Sometimes all you need is a little energon and alotta luck...

I am just happy to have G1 characters that resemble their cartoon counterparts. Being entirely accurate is not important to me. There is always going to be a compromise between design and cost and I imagine many complaints are a result of this.
    Spiderken Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    Disappointing but not surprising the negative tone.

We do like to try and 'ruin' things for ourselves these days particularly the more pop culture stuff

I'm quite looking forward to this and really any other unannounced MPs. I take it as a gift to be getting these updated G1 transformers in 2016!
    Yeah It's best not to really discuss such things on the internet, just have a look at the pics, maybe watch some review by a reviewer you like and then make the call. The Internets a sound board for everyone's grievances big and small, although you often have to go in said threads just to get the latest news oh well.

Anyway I've already decided I'm going to get Ironhide, and when I get him we'll see what he's like. No point whinging about some prototype prematurely.

I'm looking forward to this. I love G1, particularly '84 and '85, so very happy with how it's looking

Still not a huge fan of the waist/hips but looking forward to this and Ratchet.

Love the way they've done a nod to the G1 sled.

I'm getting this because hey it's MP and it's Ironhide. I'm treading on old territory by saying the hip kibble is not ideal but looking at some 3rd party designs their hip designs aren't perfect either.

I do hope there will be some decent paint apps, but have to wait and see.