Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: New Combiner Wars toys revealed at Botcon

Skylynx: Fantastic. Apparently he can turn into the Cat mode AND the Dragon mode, but doesn't split. I'm cool with that. Combined mode is more gravy on top than actually cool.

Ironhide: Better than the other one by far, and while I love my Igear one I'm always in favor of getting a good mainline version of something when it;'s made. Also I don't have Offroad, so it will be more unique for me.

Prowl: I am pleasantly surprised. I thought using Streetwise as the base would make a toy that looks to similar to the other Combiner Cop car, but they have done a pretty good job of making him look different. And i was never 10% behind the classic prowl, so I'm n board.

Sunstreaker: I'm mostly on the fence because I'm not sure i like how it looks in either mode. i dont have Breakdown, but based on pics SS seems to have been transformed wrong in the promo pics, so that may be affecting my judgement. I'll see

Mirage: Looks fine i guess, but the head is a weird shape. And frankly the classics on is way nicer, and i love it, so I don't see the need to get another one.

Wheeljack: Looks friggen amazing! THAT'S how you do a re-deco kids! Some new parts, some cool color and we get an awesome looking Wheeljack! Super cool!

Hound: Since I probably won't get Swindle, this is an all new version of that Rook remold, and he looks great! I love Classics hound, but this one might just leap into that spot on my shelf

Smokescreen: Terrible repaint. They didnt even take the police Light bars off the roof! That's just lazy!

Trailbreaker: I mean he looks fine and all, but i just got the Generations one a year or so ago, and i like that one so this feels unnecessary. If u don't have the other one i guess this is cool.

Combaticons aren't my thing, but all look awesome
    i do NOT Play with toys...

But I DO occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical fight dynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    I am that guy as well, I think the existing CHUG figures of these guys are far superior.

Sky Lynx is the bomb though !
    Agreed. I'm going to skip all the Autobots that we have classics for already.

Sky Lynx looks awesome though. As do the Combaticons. I was surprised to see a Swindle come out of the Rook mould.

I am half expecting a new mould for Blast Off's Takara release though, so we might end up with 4 spare limbs after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    easily. Just need a drill limbbot, a few modifications for the jets & vehicles and we're there. The sixth member would have to be a chestplate or weapon, me thinks
    I reckon if you get the Balo Arms Micron and plug it into the front of the Rook mould vehicle mode you'd have a decent looking drill vehicle. You could even plug it into his fist in robot mode.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

i'm surprisingly underwhelmed.

I get that there is a saving in re-using designs and engineering but man.
    I get that the original aerialbots while all having a different shape had an identical transformation scheme, I was impressed when I eventually got a G1 Bruticus a few years ago and there were different transformation schemes in the different limbs.

but man oh man, I only have two combiner wars toys at the moment, alpha bravo and offroad. they have the same transformation scheme, and it looks like most of the different limbs, be they jets, helicopters, cars or trucks have pretty much the same transformation scheme.

as much as there are a lot of different shapes, half of my enjoyment of transformers is the transformation. the new and unique way to get from one mode to the other and this just looks like 25 copies of the same toy to me.

I'll get bruticus (probably the takara version), and probably sky lynx but most of the rest are not grabbing me. I really expected vortex's remold to have more of an angular military helicopter look to it.

I don't really see the appeal of any of the autobot limbs, I would have liked to see the characters from Masquerade with the autobot head sculpts and vehicle sculpts but with stunticon colours. that is the only way I would have bought into that set. certainly a set that Botcon could jump on easily now that HasTak have done all the hard work.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Alright so here's my $0.02 on the figures

Deluxe Wave's 4 and 6.

Other than Mirage and Ironhide, I own all these toys as CHUG figures, so while I did mention I'm a sucker and would probably get them, they aren't exactly high priority. Doesn't help that the only Masquerade bot is Mirage. Don't know why Sunstreaker and not Sideswipe but hey, hopefully we'll see some redeco's/retools so we can recreate that episode!

Wave 5 figures

With Blast off being a plane instead of a space shuttle, it's does feel a little bit disappointing, however it is possible that Takara will release a new version of him that does transform into a space shuttle, which means that I'll be able to use the Hasbro version of him as a part of Rejectacon

Vortex is alright, but the winners here are Onslaught, Swindle and Brawl. Onslaught and Swindle are Retools done right, while Brawl is a new mold which looks amazing.
    And Bruticus, man I can't wait to have him in my collection.
    Hopefully we'll see a Ruination Redeco, and even a Ruination Retool!
    Though it is very likely we're gonna see a G2 redeco of all the combiners.

Sky Lynx
    I don't have to say anything here. It's Sky Lynx. SKY LYNX! I've always wanted a Sky Lynx toy and now I'm finally getting one

Legends

Out of all the Legends I've seen, the ones I'm most certainly gonna get are Shockwave and Buzzsaw because well, they look amazing. Like really I want both of these in my collection. Sure it might be a while till we get a proper sized Shockwave (excluding Fall of Cybertron), but hey who cares? It's Shockwave!
    I only want Buzzsaw because of the fact he transforms into a phone. Depending on how big it is in the end will determine which Transformer it goes to.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    FunPub gets so close to giving us this team as a subscription Combiner Wars set but for some reason reuses Onslaught to give us Bludgeon, instead of retooling Cyclonus into Thunderwing.

Thought just struck me. What if the combined mode is Thunderwing?
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Looking forward to getting all these in one big hit later on

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    I like the look of Sky Lynx but dont think I'll be using him as a combiner.
    Agree 100%.

All others are an easy pass however I may get Shockwave if I come across him in my travels.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

And there goes the rest of my money...
    Really liking SkyLynx, sure he might not have the two halves of his persona anymore but it's an excellent update to his G1 self, a must buy.
    Since the only Bruticus I have is the FoC one this updated Bruticus is also a must buy for my CHUG bot collection.
    Everything else I'm only "eh, it's alright" on but will probably end up getting anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    FunPub gets so close to giving us this team as a subscription Combiner Wars set but for some reason reuses Onslaught to give us Bludgeon, instead of retooling Cyclonus into Thunderwing.

?? So, funpub are going to whip out these guys on the TFSS? Needlenose too? if so

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    ?? So, funpub are going to whip out these guys on the TFSS? Needlenose too? if so
    See over here