Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Subscription Service 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by CHILENO20 View Post
    I did the first two & skipped the 3, coming back for the forth
    Did exactly the same (with the exception of Ultra Mammoth from the first one).

I wonder if maybe the 3rd TFSS didn't sell as well with characters that were too obscure such as Carzap and Nacelle, so they decided to go back to G1 characters to rope people back in.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Did exactly the same (with the exception of Ultra Mammoth from the first one).

I wonder if maybe the 3rd TFSS didn't sell as well with characters that were too obscure such as Carzap and Nacelle, so they decided to go back to G1 characters to rope people back in.
    Maybe they finally hit on the idea that we want modern takes of original G1's. The combiners are such a rich vein for them to tap into. They definitely have my $$$ for round 4
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

I kinda like the obscurity of some of v3 - Carzap sits proud on my Neo-G2 shelf, as will G2 Screamer and probably Tarantulus, as the "Neo-G2" is turning more into a "Neo-post G1" shelf...

Back on topic though, I find some of these guys in v4 just as obscure - up-sized version of Bludgeon's inner robot, no longer a tank, but still close enough to his pre-Stormbringer form in IDW, double Targetmasters that are now clmbiner limbs too? Cool. If #6&7 are indeed Crankcase and Quake out of other CW moulds, even better.

I'm surprised though, I would have thought we'd be getting a Nexus Prime redux, but maybe that's coming next year for Botcon, or trickled through once a year through the TFSS bonus figure?

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    I kinda like the obscurity of some of v3 - Carzap sits proud on my Neo-G2 shelf, as will G2 Screamer and probably Tarantulus, as the "Neo-G2" is turning more into a "Neo-post G1" shelf...

Back on topic though, I find some of these guys in v4 just as obscure - up-sized version of Bludgeon's inner robot, no longer a tank, but still close enough to his pre-Stormbringer form in IDW, double Targetmasters that are now clmbiner limbs too?
    I must admit to having a penchant for obscure characters too. Would give my right arm for a reasonably priced Turbo Master . But given the cost of the subscription service I wasn't about to shell out that much for the likes of Carzap who I had never even heard of and I reckon a lot of others were the same. That said, good on those that did grab these characters and are enjoying them

I don't think you could count the likes of Bludgeon as equally obscure - even without his shell he has been cropping up in fiction for decades now. And there are enough people who know every single G1 character that the double Targetmasters would have a commercial appeal to those who have joined the TFCC.

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Been thinking more on these, kinda wish they'd used Air Raid as Needlenose, as opposed to 4 copies of that mould (I'll get to Spinister in a sec), but Fireflight is fixed wing, just like Needlenose, and maybe it's cheaper or something for that mould. As for Spinister, it makes me wish more they'd retooled Vortex to look more like an attack helicopter, as that's what G1 Spinister was, then at least you'd have 2 of each retool rather than just 4 repaints. But it's TFSS so cant expect to be that spoilt. As for Quake, yeah I'd love a repaint of Brawl for him, just like I'd love an updated Quickmix and Landfill to go with the Scoop we got last year.

As for comment about combined mode will look like vomit... Maybe some of us like that kind of thing :-P (crazy mismatched colours on special figures... not the vomit bit).

I'm pretty chuffed to hear the 6th figure revealed is Impactor!:

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...-reveal/33531/

I didn't see that coming. I bought the official Impactor toy off SS77 as I wanted a figure of the character but really hated he was predominently orange, so this is welcome news to me

That works for me. Be cool to see who the "bonus" figure will be, now that Hasbro are doing an official G2 Menasor, with the club's mascot, G2 Breakdown.

Awesome move TFCC...

Best subscription service so far...

I hope that Impactors hand is remolded and the right fist is removed.

I'm probably going to join up for this wonderful sub service. That way when I rag on funpub it'll be with first hand experience

But I wan the MMC Impactor. I'll probably end up selling his one.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I am ok with these, I don't understand why they didn't use Skydive for needlenose and air raid for wind sweeper, the alt modes are much more representative.

I don't know if I want to pay subscription prices for 4 versions of the same transformation scheme? I think I might have buyers remorse if I did that.

I'm trying to figure out if Impactor is a direct repaint of Rook, just with a new head.

it is cool that so many of these guys are decepticons, to help even out the ranks of the overall combiner wars line.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)