View Poll Results: Your Devastator experience?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Got him on the first night/day. Damn I'm good.

19 35.19%
  • Found him on the shelf on Friday or after. More luck than you imagine!

2 3.70%
  • Went through some/a lot of trouble and eventually secured mine. Nothin's gonna stand in my way!

4 7.41%
  • Reserved one in person or over the phone and I finally got that phone call. I've got the touch

6 11.11%
  • I'm still waiting for that phone call ..I need it so bad and it's burning me!

4 7.41%
  • They told me it's sold out/all units have been reserved/have no idea what happened

1 1.85%
  • I still haven't got one and I'll just wait for the later release. I still function!

6 11.11%
  • I'll get the superior TT version. I've got better things to do tonight.

12 22.22%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your experience with Big W's Devastator offering so far?

I was one of the lucky ones to grab it in the morning...

With another release only a few months away, I hope that all members who missed out end up getting one.

Hedging my bets by calling a number of stores, no luck so far. Store staff have been a range of really helpful to absolutely useless.

I'm most likely going to track down the Takara version, but I really would have liked to see one in store, I haven't gone out of my way to go to various stores, I sort of just expected to see at least one on the shelf somewhere so I could check it out.

My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I sort of just expected to see at least one on the shelf somewhere so I could check it out.
    If you've seen pictures dude, that's all there is to it. It's a box with no windows, so unless you open it up, there's nothing to check out.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Big W: Great help with no results so far, or useless. How much of it is due to Hasbro's failure to deliver at the planned time due to the distro relocation, I don't know, but Big W have dropped the ball this year.

IMO Big W should've enforced 1 toy per customer. That's what my local Big W did to me when I bought mine and tried to buy another one for a fellow OTCAer (thankfully he was able to find one for himself at his local Big W). The also really shouldn't have shelved any of those toys until after their stores closed before reopening at midnight. For the midnight sale, my Big W actually kept the remaining Devastators in the back room and only ONE out per customer upon request. I spoke to someone from another Big W on Monday, and she was utterly surprised that this toy has sold so quickly and that all the requests for it have come from grown men, so it seems that some Big W staff are completely unaware that this toy would be highly sought after by collectors rather than kids. She actually asked me to explain to her why this was so, and still found it hard to grasp after I'd explained it to her. So I think part of it seems to come from general ignorance about this toy's primary demographic market on Big W's part.

Anyway, Big W was the first to receive this toy, but they won't be the last. I'm expecting to see more hit shelves in other majors after August.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    IMO Big W should've enforced 1 toy per customer. That's what my local Big W did to me when I bought mine and tried to buy another one for a fellow OTCAer (thankfully he was able to find one for himself at his local Big W). The also really shouldn't have shelved any of those toys until after their stores closed before reopening at midnight. For the midnight sale, my Big W actually kept the remaining Devastators in the back room and only ONE out per customer upon request. I spoke to someone from another Big W on Monday, and she was utterly surprised that this toy has sold so quickly and that all the requests for it have come from grown men, so it seems that some Big W staff are completely unaware that this toy would be highly sought after by collectors rather than kids. She actually asked me to explain to her why this was so, and still found it hard to grasp after I'd explained it to her. So I think part of it seems to come from general ignorance about this toy's primary demographic market on Big W's part.

Anyway, Big W was the first to receive this toy, but they won't be the last. I'm expecting to see more hit shelves in other majors after August.
    It's a good point, we do tend to get caught up in the apparaent importance of our hobby, every time I've gone in to ask about a toy in the catalogue, the first question is which one? Inside I'm thinking, seriously, you don't know what I'm here for? LOL Then I explain it and they flick straight past it in the catalogue, page 30, means page 30 Anyway then they say we have had so many people asking about so many toys that have had such a high demand, and that's the reality, when you see the huge line of Mums with trolleys full of toys at the lay-by section on the first morning of the sale, you can see who their main buyers are.
    We are a small drop in their very big pool of toy goodness.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

implemented a little too late if they only had 3 to start off with at midnight, me thinks

Mentioned this elsewhere; my wife got one first day.

I went past the CBD store as it opened but was told they weren't receiving any stock at all (and in fairness, they were listed as not getting any on the website).

My wife was at Brookside later in the day and asked there for me. She was told they sold out just after opening but when looking in the pre-school section found one hidden there behind other toys and grabbed it.

As my wife said, it looks like their state of the art paper based inventory management system wasn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by Stug View Post
    Mentioned this elsewhere; my wife got one first day.

I went past the CBD store as it opened but was told they weren't receiving any stock at all (and in fairness, they were listed as not getting any on the website).

My wife was at Brookside later in the day and asked there for me. She was told they sold out just after opening but when looking in the pre-school section found one hidden there behind other toys and grabbed it.

As my wife said, it looks like their state of the art paper based inventory management system wasn't working.
    She's legendary to have found it