Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Combiner Wars animated series by Machinima

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Combiner Wars animated series by Machinima

http://bwtf.com/node/4242

While I understand the need to focus on Combiner Wars to market the currentr toys, I personally hope that they also include other "Classicsverse" toys to flesh out the cast (even if many of them just appear as cameo or background characters ).

There was a little more mentioned on the SDCC panel, but not much more.

Since CW is just a sub line of generations it would make sense (Hopefully) that they include other characters, otherwise it would be a pretty small cast, like you said.

The most exciting aspect of this (For me anyway) is they're apparently aiming this series at a Teen/Adult audience, Which sounds good to me!

"...a totally new kind of Transformers animation—one that, for the first time ever, is specifically designed for the teen and adult fans who’ve grown up loving the Transformers brand.”

I thought that was the point of TF Prime?

Prime still had kid appeal characters, Bumblebee/Smokescreen.

I suspect this will be like IDW Comics as a TV Show, more brutal which doesn't really have any kid appeal characters (at least in their G1 comics)
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Prime was predominantly aimed at kids with a few relatively superficial "Easter Eggs" for adults. It's nothing like Beast Wars which had a dual-layered character driven story that was simultaneously aimed at kids and adults. Beast Wars still reigns supreme as the best TF screen story ever written IMHO.

The only let down of Beast Wars was the animation. I liked the story and the first time I saw Dinobot die I cried (this was on re-runs)
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Beast Wars still reigns supreme as the best TF screen story ever written IMHO.
    THIS. Also, the animation for BW was Incredible for it's time, and actually won a (Daytime) Emmy in '97. Sure, it looks dated now, but a CGI series on TV didn't really exist back in '96 (Except for reboot, which was also done by mainframe)

If it is something like the IDW comics in animated guise; with similar subject matter, i'll be a very happy man indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    "...a totally new kind of Transformers animation—one that, for the first time ever, is specifically designed for the teen and adult fans who’ve grown up loving the Transformers brand.”

I thought that was the point of TF Prime?
    Think of the GI Joe webseries written by Warren Ellis years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    The only let down of Beast Wars was the animation. I liked the story and the first time I saw Dinobot die I cried (this was on re-runs)
    As TAAUBlaster and RayRay84 have said, BW's CGI animation was cutting edge for its time, and indeed it did win a Daytime Emmy for its visual effects (the only other Emmy winning TF series was TF Prime). The off the shelf software actually wasn't capable to handling what Mainframe's animators had to do, so they re-wrote the software in order to increase its rendering capacity! (this is explained in the Madman DVD special features ) Also, character-driven story-telling trumps visual effects (as any fan of the Original Star Wars Trilogy over the Prequels will tell you ).

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Think of the GI Joe webseries written by Warren Ellis years ago.
    G.I. Joe: Resolute, right? I always felt that this format could work for Classicsverse.