Page 131 of 195 FirstFirst ... 111121126127128129130131132133134135136141151 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 1943

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    My boys (4 & nearly 6) have been watching the G1 cartoon. Ironhide (I think) just called the ‘Cons “Decepti-butts”. Now Mr 4 is repeating the insult ad nauseum. I might be in trouble from the good lady wife.
    Our not quite 2 year olds started saying 'Butt' with gusto a couple weeks ago, and laughing so hard they couldn't say it again straight away. I don't know where they got it from but it's so hard not to laugh with them...
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    So big Chuck Norris making the Earth tilt & rotate with a single round house kick look incidental.
    That'll do it.
    Carry on.

I was looking up the definition of "toy", for the purposes of re-counting my *toy* collection, and the oxford dictionary definition is - "an object for a child to play with".
    A "child"... I should be offended that it suggests that toys should only be for children, almost like it discriminates against those of us adults who (occasionally) play with our Transformers toys... and not just purchase them to sit on a shelf untouched.

(this post is very tongue in cheek)

Another definition:
    Something to play with, especially as intended for use by a child.
    So especially but not exclusively for children.

Also, just because something is intended for children doesn't mean that being used by an adult makes it not that thing. e.g. I ate baby food when my wisdom teeth came out. It was still baby food. And many parents have sampled baby food in an effort to convince their babies to eat it (and pretending that it tastes good ).

The word "toy" is of Dutch origin and means "plaything."

--------------------------------------

I recently got Cyber Battalion Bumblebee and Optimus Prime. Wow. Oversized Legends priced as Voyagers? Anyway, while they are officially CHUG I cannot bring myself to classify them in my CHUG collection, so I'm personally changing them to be part of Cyberverse.

I thought he was being serious. He wasn't ?

12,730 people still like Premium Collectables on FB.

We now live in a world where I own an official Transformer that is an ice cream sundae that turns into a unicorn called Unilla IceQueenCone and I quite frankly don’t know what my life even is anymore. #BotbotLyf

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

It's what happens when you let toy execs name toys instead of actual writers. This is why Machine Men/Gobot names often differed so much from Transformers. Names written by Tonka execs vs Marvel writers (chiefly Bob Budiansky).

Friendly Robots / Go-Bots VS Autobots
    Enemy Robots / Renegades VS Decepticons
    F.15 Man / Leader-1 VS Optimus Prime
    Cycle Man / Cy-Kill VS Megatron
    Aero Man / Fi-Tor VS Starscream
    Police Man / Hans Cuff VS Prowl
    Porsche Man / Crasher VS Jazz or Cliffjumper
    Tank Man / Tank Man VS Warpath
    Buggy Man / Buggy Man VS Beachcomber
    Train Man / Loco VS Astrotrain ... okay, Astrotrain isn't much better

Not sure I was clear - I *adore* the name. I was reveling in the absurdity of it all and being thoroughly confused at the same time.

If it was an exec (and not a creative) - which isn’t likely - I say give them a raise!

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I like Waddlepop. Such a cute name. The others do nothing for me, although if I were a kid in the actual target demographic that these toys were aiming at, I probably would find them awesome. Cos it's not as if Beast Man or Lion-O were amazingly creative names. Or for that matter, "Galvatron"?