Page 165 of 195 FirstFirst ... 145155160161162163164165166167168169170175185 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1947

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

I went through my MP collection and put the majority of it away. I now only have MP13, 15, 16 and 36 on display. However, I now have a strange urge to buy an MP44 and make Optimus, Megatron and Soundwave w/ cassettes my entire MP collection. After all, Optimus, Megatron and Soundwave are my 3 favourite G1 Transformers.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Will the buzzworthy bumblebee be worth it in the end?

Quote Originally Posted by SentienlPrimefan View Post
    Will the buzzworthy bumblebee be worth it in the end?
    Depends what would make it “worth it” to you. It’s mostly a “classic” line (in the sense of the early 90s one!) So a second chance to get some BB figures. Collectors will more likely want the originals not the reissue so from a long time value POV not really worth it. From a marketing POV and keeping Bumblebee and the well received movie in the minds of casual buyers and younger fans in the lead up to a second movie (likely now much later than originally intended), it may be worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Depends what would make it “worth it” to you. It’s mostly a “classic” line (in the sense of the early 90s one!) So a second chance to get some BB figures. Collectors will more likely want the originals not the reissue so from a long time value POV not really worth it. From a marketing POV and keeping Bumblebee and the well received movie in the minds of casual buyers and younger fans in the lead up to a second movie (likely now much later than originally intended), it may be worth it
    Mate you actually changed my mind on getting BB because I want to get the 1st movie and end of bumblebee movie version because I want to replace all the trash bumblebees i have such as OG 2007, That weird vehicle from TF4 and the Trashpiece TLK bumblebee

The SS-15 Bumblebee comes from the SS-01 Bumblebee which is a really well done mould.

It's definitely worthwhile as a figure - whether you go for the original version, or this version which includes a Charlie standee.

Just a caution though - it has the same transformation skeleton as the TLK version. The engineering design and transformation scheme is very similar, however it is a completely new mould and works a lot better than the original TLK version, but it may colour your experience.

There are review threads for the two previous issues of this mould at the following links to help you in your choice.
    SS-01 - http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...-DLX-Bumblebee
    SS-27 - http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...ebee-(Clunker)

Quote Originally Posted by SentienlPrimefan View Post
    Hello everyone

So with the studio series Leader class, I'm questioning if SS-44 ever appeared in Australia because every leader class figure besides SS-44 has appeared. So I'm asking has anyone ever seen him?

Like to know
    Saw him two weeks ago at Popcultcha in Geelong.

Oh wow yea, Popcultcha has stock.

https://www.popcultcha.com.au/transf...on-figure.html

With hasbro’s mainline chug being essentially mini masterpiece/g1 with knees (figuratively) I’m surprised we never got a repaint of cw Motormaster as Thunderclash.

I specifically say motormaster as the chest molding could be painted cleverly to resemble the chest sticker he has.

The transformation is almost 1:1 with only a few differences in where the cab goes (forms the whole arm instead of being behind the arm) and what forms the chest.

Honestly release Motormaster in white with a new head (and combiner head if they keep the gimmick) and its thunderclash.

But instead of this we got a weird white prime thats surprisingly not magnus, sort of nova prime and sort of star convoy but its none of them

Thunderclash could definitely work, as you say, the chest moulding on Motormaster wasn't the fake truck windows, which wouldn't work for Thunderclash... and would look a lot better than the one FunPub produced for Botcon, using the Energon Rodimus mould, which had big shoulder pads with wheels and a truck mode that had a nose (the original Thunderclash was a cab-over-engine type of truck like Gen1 Optimus).
    The weird colouring and limited global exposure of that original Euro-Gen1 toyline would need something like a fan convention to do a homage like this... like FunPub did with a number of Euro-gen1 homages, but unfortunately many of those homages fell flat on the US fandom, being niche era characters.

Is anyone even bloodly sure that Buzzworthy Bumblebee is coming out in Late February because I'm growing increasing impatient of an announcement and price confirmation