Page 190 of 195 FirstFirst ... 170180185186187188189190191192193194 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 1947

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

In Brisbane, Beast Wars was definitely shown in the afternoon on Channel 7.

Agro's Cartoon Connection ended in 1997, but Beast Wars may have featured.

Quote Originally Posted by kovert View Post
    In Brisbane, Beast Wars was definitely shown in the afternoon on Channel 7.

Agro's Cartoon Connection ended in 1997, but Beast Wars may have featured.
    That's strange. I remember Beast Wars being on in the mornings up here in Gladstone. We had things like Power Rangers and Amazing in the afternoons.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Yeah it wasn’t on Cheez TV. Two eps a week on Channel 7 in the afternoons.
    Yeah I was about to say, it didn't originally air on Cheez TV, it was an afternoon programming.

This story is all sorts of wrong. Maybe the date is right?

First of all, CheezTV was on channel 10... which later became Toasted TV... but I'm not sure that CheezTV started as early as that (the mid-90s). I think that "show" started later in the noughties, bookending several cartoons over about 3 hours... and was (in)famous for cutting out parts of cartoon episodes to make time for their own random segments.

Digging through my computer archives (not currently online), I found this noted in issue 10 of our Ozformers Newsletter, which was out July 1997...

If you got last month's issue when it first came out, you may have had an inserted notice to alert you to the fact that the Beast Wars cartoon show is going to start on channel 7 this month. It is set to show every Thursday and Friday at 3.30 pm from the 24th and 25th of July. Check you local TV guides to make sure your area hasn't changed it, but it is already listed in this week's TV guide here in Brisbane.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I could be wrong, but I thought I saw Beast Wars on weekday mornings on Agro's Cartoon Connection.
    In Victoria, Season Three definitely first aired on weekday mornings. I remember getting up to watch and record them. But I raced home from Uni to see season one in the Afternoons. I'm pretty sure season two was also in the afternoon but reduced to one episode a week.

Probably have all the airing details in my old print copies of the Ozformers newsletter.

One extra fact: Season One was repeated from late May 1998 at 7am(ish) on Cartoon Connection
    Last edited by Paulbot; 31st July 2023 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    One extra fact: Season One was repeated from late May 1998 at 7am(ish) on Cartoon Connection
    Ah, that might be why I saw it in the mornings on channel 7. But season 1 was never aired in the afternoon here.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by kovert View Post
    Cheez TV aired on Channel Ten on weekday mornings!
    I sit corrected!

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    First of all, CheezTV was on channel 10... which later became Toasted TV... but I'm not sure that CheezTV started as early as that (the mid-90s). I think that "show" started later in the noughties, bookending several cartoons over about 3 hours... and was (in)famous for cutting out parts of cartoon episodes to make time for their own random segments.
    I know this isn't important to the overall discussion, but I can't help but point out Cheez TV started airing in July 1995. I'm NOT saying they aired Beast Wars though as I didn't start really watching Cheez TV until the late '90s when Pokemon was brought over here.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

It's interesting looking into this stuff - it's getting lost to history of the early Internet age, even though a lot of us were already adults at the time.

Beast Wars season two started airing at 330pm on Thursday 22 October 1998 on Seven/Prime, source: Austrans (Internet Text Version) Issue 25

Beast Wars season three "aired in Australia in November [1999]. All thirteen episodes were aired daily at 6:40am", source: Ozformer (Internet Version) Issue 37

As mentioned before, I was living in Japan when BW came out, so I can only rely on what other people tell me in terms of what happened here at the time.
    But thanks for all the corrections; helping me to learn about what I missed out on!