Page 29 of 195 FirstFirst ... 91924252627282930313233343949 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

As we all know, AoE explains that the Transformers were created by the Creators* who seeded planets to create the basic metals to make the Transformers to serve their purposes. Pretty much like the Quintessons. Yet the first movie established the Transformers' origin as being somewhat more divine, springing from the AllSpark Cube (whether it was created by Primus himself or not; the movie states, "We know not where it came from").

So do these two origin stories contradict each other? Certainly wouldn't be the first time that events in the live action movie universe have contradicted each other. Or is there a simple way to make these stories fit? Could the AllSpark have also been created by the Creators?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *A name even more epic than 'Transformium.'

Just finished watching Zone... I want Ehobby or some 3p company to make the armour that the Destron's had.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    As we all know, AoE explains that the Transformers were created by the Creators* who seeded planets to create the basic metals to make the Transformers to serve their purposes. Pretty much like the Quintessons. Yet the first movie established the Transformers' origin as being somewhat more divine, springing from the AllSpark Cube (whether it was created by Primus himself or not; the movie states, "We know not where it came from").

So do these two origin stories contradict each other? Certainly wouldn't be the first time that events in the live action movie universe have contradicted each other. Or is there a simple way to make these stories fit? Could the AllSpark have also been created by the Creators?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *A name even more epic than 'Transformium.'
    Seems like you could use a variation on those old theories to combine the Primus and Quintesson origins:

The Creators found, rather than created, the AllSpark, and saw they could use it to bring creatures made out of transformium () to life as slaves/tools/items to sell etc.

Despite living for very long times, Transformers get very forgetful about their origins in every universe. Everything becomes creation myths.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post
    Just finished watching Zone... I want Ehobby or some 3p company to make the armour that the Destron's had.
    That armour didn't do them much good...

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Despite living for very long times, Transformers get very forgetful about their origins in every universe. Everything becomes creation myths.
    haha, yea.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    That armour didn't do them much good...
    true...
    What i don't understand was Predakings face

I was comparing TR galvatron to Takara's (images obviously) and it got me thinking:
    Galvatron has a Jet mode, and Hasbros is reminiscent of Energon Galvatron. What if it is a dual homage (or 3 homages if you make him Marvel galvatron because of the Megatron Headmaster)

Although i still want Marvel colours.

Last week when I went to pick my daughter up from school, I saw this boy playing with Combiner Wars Sunstreaker and he was repeatedly throwing it onto the pavement as if it were a tennis ball! Seeing kids being rough and beating up their toys is nothing new. I knew lots of kids who were really rough with their G1 Transformers and broke them, but it's something that I have personally never understood. I've always tried to take really good care of my toys, but I hear nightmare stories about people who - either deliberately or through negligence - damaged their childhood toys and talk about toys not "surviving" their childhoods. This mentality baffled me as a kid and continues to baffle me today. Surely if you love a toy you'd take care of it.

I wonder if this kid's gonna be hopping on eBay looking to re-purchase a vintage Combiner Wars Sunstreaker all because he trashed his original as a child. Geez. My own child hasn't treated a toy like that since she was a toddler. Even Toy Story 3 shows the difference between toddlers (Caterpillar Room) and pre-schoolers (Butterfly Room). But this child is school-aged (looked to be Stage 1) -- older and more mature than pre-schoolers or Early Stage 1ers! I... I don't even...

I destroyed a lot of my toys growing up. Except my plastic Voltron set, that I kept immacultely u til we moved city and my mother decided it was "too big" to come with us. My only regret is that Voltron.
    I disassembled whatever i could to figure out how they were made but was rarely able to put them back together.
    Ive fohnd the deluxe CW ger is pretty robuat and the ball jointa pop easily enough to avoid most damage
    Thankfully by the time i got to cars I was able to put them back together again. And a lot of that mechanical thinking came from that play.
    Of my two sons, one likes to meticulously transform each robot to vehicle and back again, the other likes to pull them apart (which i discourage with the TFs and suggest other toys).
    Funnily enough though the only one to break a figure permanently is the former....on multiple occasions.
    I think it's important to teach kids to respect their stuff but i try not to stifle explorative play.
    That sunstreaker my hve been a gift from an uncle who didn't know the kids not into TFs

Well from observing my sister who at a young age would bash Bumblebee (always Bumblebee ) and another random bot together and say they were fighting. I guess it is to simulate the violence without the tedious posing that children with short attention spans would fail to do. Although throwing it at the ground makes little sense.