Page 54 of 195 FirstFirst ... 344449505152535455565758596474 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

What is this Room you speak of??
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I was having a look at Titans Return Doubletwinfernocross, and noticed that he has the spark gimmick wheel moulded & painted on his chest in beast mode.
    #thelittlethings

FatalityPitt Guest

It's a great time to be a Skywarp fan in Australia. There's the G1 Legion Skywarp at Big W going for $5, the CW Legends Skywarp going for $10 at the Reject Shop, and the CW Leader Skywarp at Target going for $39 as of 15th December (tomorrow).

I get the feeling after opening my Sky Reign today that the UW line is not worth buying anymore unless you just want fantasy G1 combined modes cause aside from Sky Lynx none of the figures seemed like great replacements for previous CHUG releases.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalityPitt View Post
    It's a great time to be a Skywarp fan in Australia. There's the G1 Legion Skywarp at Big W going for $5, the CW Legends Skywarp going for $10 at the Reject Shop, and the CW Leader Skywarp at Target going for $39 as of 15th December (tomorrow).
    Funny thing for me is that Skywarp was my favourite Seeker when I was a kid, but as an adult it's Thundercracker, who was my second favourite Seeker as a kid for entirely different reasons. Skywarp was my favourite because I just loved his ability to teleport, and a black jet just looked really bad-donkey to me. Thundercracker was my second favourite because I just love that deep metallic blue plastic on the toy - he was the first Transformer to have metallic coloured plastic. But as an adult, Thundercracker is my favourite because I'm more appreciative of the moral ambiguity in his character.
    Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I get the feeling after opening my Sky Reign today that the UW line is not worth buying anymore unless you just want fantasy G1 combined modes cause aside from Sky Lynx none of the figures seemed like great replacements for previous CHUG releases.
    I quite like CW Sky Lynx (never got the UW version) but I only like it as a stand alone figure. The ability to combine has absolutely zero appeal to me. I've never transformed him into his Sky Reign mode and in fact I didn't even really know what it would look like IRL until I got Liokaiser and vicariously experienced it via Deszaras. But I found Sky Lynx to be worth buying, it's just that his combining gimmick is an added bonus feature which I'll never use. But it's a feature which doesn't detract from the toy, so I can live with it. TR Galvatron on the head really suffers from being a Headmaster.

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Funny thing for me is that Skywarp was my favourite Seeker when I was a kid, but as an adult it's Thundercracker, who was my second favourite Seeker as a kid for entirely different reasons. Skywarp was my favourite because I just loved his ability to teleport, and a black jet just looked really bad-donkey to me. Thundercracker was my second favourite because I just love that deep metallic blue plastic on the toy - he was the first Transformer to have metallic coloured plastic. But as an adult, Thundercracker is my favourite because I'm more appreciative of the moral ambiguity in his character.
    Like you, I've grown to appreciate Thundercracker a lot more in my adult years. Character-wise, he's quite endearing, especially in the IDW comics. Also when you compare him to Starscream; he's the underdog.

For me as a child, even though Starscream stood out the most in the cartoons, I always thought the coneheads (Ramjet, Dirge and Thrust) looked hilarious. I got interested in Transformers a bit late, so I never saw the original G1 Seekers toys until years later. Though I did have G2 Starscream and Ramjet as a child (EDIT: I found them to be so-so), so I had some idea on how the G1 iterations must have looked like.

I think if I had to choose a favourite seeker, it's a tie between Starscream and Thundercracker. Skywarp has a nice deco, but he never really stood out to me (I guess that's what happens when you're clad in black at night Lol).

The Second year jets didn't interest me as much when I was a kid. I got Ramjet as a birthday present in '86 and I got Dirge and Thrust later in the 90s when friends who'd "grown out" of Transformers gave them away to me.

Continued from here
    From memory, this Metroplex wasn't any taller than a GI Joe figure (it was small).
    It's also an incredibly underwhelming figure. But size-wise here's how TF Jr. Metroplex compares with Mini-Cons and Smallest Megatron...

Leader class would be a fitting size for Fort Max, though I'd like to have something small like a Legends (personally). I like the character, but the toys (both G1 and TR) aren't very portable. You can't really display them on your desk without them taking up the whole space, and they're awfully heavy to lift (..or maybe I'm just weak..). I don't have the TR version, but I have the G1 Fort Max in storage, and I'm always reluctant to take it out for the above reasons.
    If you just want little desk display figures, why not just go for the Super Collection Figures/Heroes of Cybertron?
    SCF Metroplex
    Heroes of Cybertron Metroplex
    Super Collection Figure Fortress Maximus
    Heroes of Cybertron Fortress Maximus

FatalityPitt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    If you just want little desk display figures, why not just go for the Super Collection Figures/Heroes of Cybertron?
    SCF Metroplex
    Heroes of Cybertron Metroplex
    Super Collection Figure Fortress Maximus
    Heroes of Cybertron Fortress Maximus
    I sometimes like to pose or transform the toys on my desk to pass time, or relieve stress. I'm not really a fan of Transformers that don't Transform (Action Masters Lol). If I can't shake my craving for a mini Fort Max, I might cave in and import the Kabaya kit (EDIT: the recent "Metallic Edition" one) - if I can find one cheap enough.. Don't worry about me, I have a plan

But thanks for the suggestions.

5 more days until the Year of the Monkey ends and the Year of the Chicken begins. On New Years Eve/Day I like to carry a Transformer with me whose alt mode matches the incoming year's lunar zodiac animal, e.g. this year's NY I had Apache (mandrill) with me to welcome the New Year, and I took Optimus Minor (monkey) with me when I took my family out for a New Year's lunch. Apache came with us on a NY road trip. The year before then I had Ramulus (goat) with me to welcome in the Year of the Caprid.

Next year is the Year of the Chicken, and frustratingly enough it's the only lunar zodiac animal which has never been used as a Transformer's alt mode. So my dilemma is, which kind of Transformer should I have with me to ring in the New Year? My thoughts are:
    * a bird Transformer. Since chickens are birds.
    * a dinosaur Transformer. Since dinosaurs are also birds.

...or I could go with Archadys or Airraptor... I'm torn! What would you guys do?