Page 64 of 195 FirstFirst ... 445459606162636465666768697484 ... LastLast

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

In terms of proportionate price difference it's similar to say the difference between a Movie Deluxe and Robot Replicas - non-transformable figures who don't do much but have more accurate sculpting at a lower price point. In my opinion - and this is purely my opinion - I'd rather go for the slightly dearer figure that can transform.

And to see it from a kid's POV, in 1991 I got Classic Sideswipe and Action Master Sideswipe only a few weeks or months apart from each other (as both toys came out in the same year). And I distinctly remember thinking how disappointing AM Sideswipe was compared to Classic Sideswipe - and these were toys purchased with pocket money so I was aware of the price difference. But I felt that Classic Sideswipe was WAY better value. I didn't buy any more of the 1991 AMs (the few that I have now have since been acquired off the secondary market for cheap ) and instead saved up my pocket money for Classic Tracks - bearing in mind that buying boxed Transformers was a big purchase when we were kids But given the choice of buying multiple cheaper Action Masters or a single dearer transformable figure with my childhood pocket money, I chose the latter.

JMO

Megatran Guest

For all you die hard TF fans, TF1 live action movie is on (yet again!) tonight on Channel GO! at 8:30pm. Check your local tv guide.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    For all you die hard TF fans, TF1 live action movie is on (yet again!) tonight on Channel GO! at 8:30pm. Check your local tv guide.
    Wouldn't the die hard fans already own multiple copies of this on dvd, blu ray, digital? I'm looking at you BTT.

I've just come to the realisation that I really miss the often seemingly random homage repaints of older (usually AEC) figures that would pop up from time to time in the CHUG lines.

We've not had those for aaaaaaaaaaaaages.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    I've just come to the realisation that I really miss the often seemingly random homage repaints of older (usually AEC) figures that would pop up from time to time in the CHUG lines.

We've not had those for aaaaaaaaaaaaages.
    True, there is a gap after Hotshot until Armada Megatron, Starscream, Thundercracker, Ramjet, UW Thrust, and now Tidalwave.

Where is the Misfire reveal hastak!?!!? I really want to see it (probably saving the best for last methinks ).
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    True, there is a gap after Hotshot until Armada Megatron, Starscream, Thundercracker, Ramjet, UW Thrust, and now Tidalwave.

Where is the Misfire reveal hastak!?!!? I really want to see it (probably saving the best for last methinks ).
    I mean repaints of AEC figures.

Like Universe 2.0 Drop Shot, Blaster, Heavy Load and those type of things.

The Titans Return Quake is most likely why we didn't get one from FunPub last year, with their combiner team that had the other two Decepticon double targetmasters (Spinister and Needlenose)... as Hasbro usually veto Club/Con toys that are the same character as one they have in the pipeline (up to two years away).

And I hate to say it, but a FunPub Quake from the CW Brawl toy would have looked more like Gen1 Quake in both modes than the TR redeco of Hardhead.

I think that TR Hardhead redecoed Quake looks more like G1 Quake in robot mode, although the Brawl mould definitely would've given a more G1 accurate tank mode. Having said that, I'm glad that they decided to go with the Hardhead mould. First of all, it allows them to do something with the TR Hardhead mould - there's not a whole lot of choices. Secondly, I'm personally just not a huge fan of the CW Brawl mould, plus I already have 3 versions of it (CW Brawl, Killbison & Drillhorn). I need another version of this mould like the US President needs more orange in his spray tan.

And I'd much rather see more G1 CHUGUR characters being released as regular mass-market figures.

While I was having "play with old figures under the guise of trying to get Transformers ready for sale" time the other week I happened across Classics Mirage and his gun.

What an incredible figure. An incredibly dynamic range of poses, strong colours, snazzy looking alt mode. One of the most underrated deluxes ever? You decide (actually don't decide, it is underrated - you know I'm right)

I do love that mould, had a KO transparent one that fell apart, then got the Hasbro Asia 3 Pack one with metallic blue (sooo shiny) and the club MW Mirage.

Great mould, great design. I doubt there'd be much that could be done to improve it today, unlike others from the Classics line. (Hotrod, I'm looking at you)