Page 169 of 195 FirstFirst ... 149159164165166167168169170171172173174179189 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1947

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    How many months were we all waiting for our Seacons?
    Turtler's projected EB release date seems to have been January 2020, according to the news post here. Not sure about everyone but I got mine in April.

Also might be worth noting I put the deposit down in August 2019.

i got my SS-71 Dino on the June 1st when it was originally supposed to come out on May 13th, so you do the math

The other thing that slightly confuses things is around Christmas, Hasbro typically lists something for early in the New Year, but usually ships it in December.

The best that can be done is to write it up based on Hasbro's proposed schedule and then if things come early it's a bonus - we supposedly got the SS86 Wave 1 supposedly months before they were supposed to have been released last year.

That's why I will often note (as often as possible) the month of release next to what was listed as the scheduled month, which is better for future reference, particularly when the release is significantly delayed or early.

From the first post of each Checklist, to explain how to use the checklist, specifically the dates that are listed...

(Any release dates listed in brackets) are when items are noted by an official source for them to be widely available in America. They should only be used as a rough guide for Australia. All future dates and details can, and do, change at any time. The current release status will be updated as often as possible.

Key:
    HERE = Month it was found at a major chain in Australia.
    OUT = Month it was found in US or other country.
    NOT HERE = Released in other countries, but not expected here.

Did anyone notice that the Masked Singer the other night was sponsored by Hasbro, and each commercial break had a toy commercial?
    I didn't watch beyond the second commercial, but the first two commercial breaks had really young toys like PJ Masks... so I don't know if they had any Transformers commercials at some point... but I thought that was a really weird sponsorship, especially with how expensive it would have been to be the primary sponsor of Network 10's highest rating program in 2020. It just seems like a lot of their annual marketing budget was spent on a program that doesn't immediately make you think of toys (and I hope it wasn't just because one of their many toylines has the word "mask" in it).

I gather The Masked Singer is a big hit "family show" that all ages watch together - so having ads for kids products on one of the few shows in primetime kids might be watching with parents makes sense.

I can't stand 99% of TV, so I couldn't even tell you what a Hasbro ad from this century looks like. The only TV with ads I watch is the Formula 1 on Fox Sports and that's full of Heinekin, gambling and prestige TV ads. Yuck!
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Commercials are overrated

All you need is a vertigo spiral, some flashing lights and a soothing voice telling you to buy our product... buy our product... buy it now... do nothing else but consume... buy our product...buy buy buy

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Commercials are overrated

All you need is a vertigo spiral, some flashing lights and a soothing voice telling you to buy our product... buy our product... buy it now... do nothing else but consume... buy our product...buy buy buy
    Or a Saturday morning cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Did anyone notice that the Masked Singer the other night was sponsored by Hasbro, and each commercial break had a toy commercial?
    I didn't watch beyond the second commercial, but the first two commercial breaks had really young toys like PJ Masks... so I don't know if they had any Transformers commercials at some point... but I thought that was a really weird sponsorship, especially with how expensive it would have been to be the primary sponsor of Network 10's highest rating program in 2020. It just seems like a lot of their annual marketing budget was spent on a program that doesn't immediately make you think of toys (and I hope it wasn't just because one of their many toylines has the word "mask" in it).
    No no…. It’s just the MASK aspect…