Page 188 of 195 FirstFirst ... 168178183184185186187188189190191192193 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 1947

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    Thanks to Ultimate Doom, aren't we saying it's floating around our star?
    Considering that they continued to use the Space Bridge to get to Cybertron and back, not to mention the massive long haul flight that nearly killed Omega Supreme etc., I'd say that Cybertron was hurtled out of the Solar System.

Presumably if we're going by the Western G1 cartoon, then it'd be where it ended up after The Rebirth 3-parter that'd determine its 'current' location.

The movie occurred in the far-flung future of 2005, and the series didn't seem to take 18-odd years after that for the Rebirth arc to happen, not unless the Witwicky family age really slowly. Like, Daniel would be ~30 years old, Spike would be 53, and Carly would presumably be somewhere around 60 at mimimum given she was an MIT graduate when she first met Spike who was ~14-16 years old at the time.

IIRC according to the production bible, the "Witwicky boy" (Buster, Butch or Spike, depending on initial* continuity) was meant to be 17 years old in 1984. This means that he was 38 in 2005, and I think Daniel was supposed to be 10. The Rebirth takes place in 2007, so Spike would be 40 and Daniel would be 12.

"A Plague of Insecticons" was set in 1984, but "Dinobot Island" was set in 1985. Carly's debut episode was set in between these two episodes, so I'm not sure if it was meant to take place in 1984 or 1985; so, don't know when her exact birthday is, so Carly may be the same age as Spike or maybe a year older. Although it's not unusual for someone to still be 17 in their first semester at uni, or she may have even been accelerated with early admission or something, I dunno... either way, she's roughly the same age as Spike.

----------------------------------------------
    *I know that Spike was later retconned as the Buster's older brother in 1987, but before then they were both pretty much the same character just with different names. IIRC the production bible said "the Witwicky boy," and while most G1 media went with "Buster," the Sunbow cartoon changed it to Spike and one of the colouring-in books changed it to Butch. Spike and Buster were retconned as brothers in '87 because Fortress Maximus.

We have gotten Alpha Trion, Orion Pax, Ariel and Dion over the last 12 months or so.

I'm thinking we might get some of these guys next year. Possible as Junkion remoulds.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Dropkick_(G1)
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

By now you'd think we'd have moved past the default "repaint Bumblebee in red and call it Cliffjumper" action

WFC Cliffjumper, Deluxe
    https://www.amazon.com.au/Transforme...dp/B0BDHHDMM6/

(I guess it's "Game accruate"...)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    (I guess it's "Game accruate"...)
    Yeah, if they did anything else people would complain about inaccuracy - and accuracy is what Studio Series is all about.
    So they get a pass this time due to past laziness setting the precedent, but normally I'd agree.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

RE: Rise of the Beasts trailers and TV spots

I love the way that Optimus Prime transforms. It looks so much like the toy! It also just feels so much like a Transformer. A big relief after the bollocks non-toyetic transformation from Age of Extinction/Last Knight Optimus Prime. I won't post images here yet for those who are avoiding visual spoilers (the fact that Transformers transform shouldn't be a surprise ).

I had been wondering why the War Dawn pack has Erial instead of Ariel... and then today I saw a big promo thing on TV for Disney's Little Mermaid movie that's out this year, and figured it out.
    There is no way Hasbro could have used a name that Disney is currently using, in a big way, especially for a Transformers character name that hasn't been officially used as a toy by Hasbro yet (to claim some ownership of the name, beyond a cartoon or comic use).
    It is one thing for Hasbro to intentionally push the buttons of Harmony Gold with Jetfire toys that resemble the original toy instead of the cartoon/comic character that the fans actually wanted, but the execs at Hasbro know better than to test out Disney's lawyers over the usage of a name. And unlike Harmony Gold, Hasbro actually has quite a few valuable licenses with Disney, so there was no way they would risk millions of dollars over a few thousand toys of a very obscure Transformers character (to the point of not even risking the name with a prefix, like "Autobot" or such, that they have used on names that can't be trademarked).

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yeah they made a couple funny jokes about it on the live stream where announced...

Had everything to do with the synergy of Erial and Elita-1, both beginning with "E" and nothing to do with a certain popular property.... hahah

At least they didn't call her Decepticon Runner. Or Tankor. Or Scattor.

Saw a clip where Steve Caple Jr. said that he grew up as a fan of Transformers when he was a kid. Given that he was born in the late 80s, the 90s would've been his childhood years. He didn't specifically state that he was a fan of Beast Wars per se, but he would've been in the prime age bracket for BW. And Peter Cullen said that he's had the most fun working on Rise of the Beasts.

IMO I think what a movie needs is a director who cares; which helps if they have a childhood attachment to the property that's being adapted. We saw this with Travis Knight who was a fan of Transformers as an 80s kid - Bumblebee wasn't a flawless movie but it was a good movie with heart. And if Rise of the Beasts can at least match this, then I'd be one happy camper. I'm feeling cautiously optimistic on this one because I've never seen any of Caple's films before (whereas I was familiar with Kubo and the Two Strings before I saw Bumblebee, so I was aware of Knight's talents as a filmmaker).