View Poll Results: What say ye?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • That's ridiculous!

3 33.33%
  • Holy fudge!

6 66.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a difference between Classics Skywarp and Starscream?

My stupid computer crashed as I was sending my post to this topic, so this isn't as descriptive as it originally was.

Basically, the first seeker jet Starscream's air intake section is different to every other seeker jet released since, including the Henkei Starscream. I can't see with my eye any obvious difference in the angles anywhere, and without a protractor to measure them, there is sculpting difference giving it away though.
    On Starscream, the sculpting detail inside the air intake has three horizontal lines (see attached pic) while on all other seekers it's four lines (see attached pic of skywarp). The extra length to that inner air-intake sculpting could be caused by a slight shifting of the panel's angle in the mould/tooling, but as far as I can tell, it's just a slight sculpting varience, which I wouldn't have even noticed before reading DVD's review of Acid Storm last week.

Sorry Iceburn, looks like I was looking at the wrong area!
    I told you it was just me looking for differences!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

that's why i couldn't figure it out either...
    thanks guys...anyway, my loose figures have REPROLABELS sticked over the AIR INTAKE parts...can't see the difference either... *lol*

thanks griffin!! it's pretty clear to me now and i was still thinking of the inside mould.
    slight difference then...NOTED!
    Last edited by iceburn; 16th September 2008 at 01:58 PM.

Well my figures dont have any difference at all... both have Four ridges or horizontal lines in each of their inner air intake thingie. Although I must admit at first glance Skywarp tends to be looking more sleek than Screamer, but then that I can certainly be sure is beacuase of the color scheme Skywarp has been given. Screamer looks a little fat coz of the lighter color scheme it has. But as far as I can see in my figs.... no difference at all.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

It is possible that this mold change filtered through to later manufactures and that only some of the early classic Starscream may have this difference.

the plastic used in skywarp isn't as "Gummy" as starscream.
    You can see the detail in skywarps face is more defined than in starscreams. Even with paint on.

jay and i were figuring out too...

Botcon seekers are Skywarp's mould
    Henkei Starscream is also Skywarp's mould
    I can also assume that liege's Classic Starscream might be a re-released figure or comes from the 2-pack that is using the new mould.

so I guess that makes the first single pack Starscream a "rather" unique individual and mould

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    so I guess that makes the first single pack Starscream a "rather" unique individual and mould
    Ooooh, you reckon a sealed one might be worth something one day?

Quote Originally Posted by iceburn View Post
    Nope. Mine is from the 2 pack and it is different to my Skywarp. It could have been just a slight change of mould. I doubt that they only have one. So when they start to break they just started using Skywarp's as Starscream and everything after
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

My Skywarp and Starscream (from the 2 pack) seem the same :\