Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comics return with GEN wave 2 Deluxe

Default Comics return with GEN wave 2 Deluxe

As some had noted in some of the other topics from the listing of pre-orders in the last week, the second wave of Generations Deluxe toys have the Comics included - like the 2013 & 2014 Generations Deluxe toys.
    These also lack the multi-lingual packaging of wave one, so they might just be American versions (we may or may not get these here, due to comic licensing).

Some bigger images of these in-pack can be seen here.

This wave is listed as March release, but could come out earlier if the first wave was any example.
    If the comics in these packs are issues 1-4 of the Combiner Wars storyline, it might get ahead of the IDW releases.

I think I prefer the non comic versions for the glorious card artwork

It's not clear, do the comics replace the cards? Surely wave 2 Deluxes will still have them?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    It's not clear, do the comics replace the cards? Surely wave 2 Deluxes will still have them?
    They're not in the promo pics, like the first wave did have. I think it's safe to say they're being replaced by comic books.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    BBTS had the cards shown on their pre-order listing images.
    They could be early official images from Hasbro.... or could mean both are in the packs.

I still don't reckon we have seen Offroad in a comic so dunno what they are gonna do there

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I still don't reckon we have seen Offroad in a comic so dunno what they are gonna do there
    There's still a couple of issues to go before Combiner Wars officially starts and from what I remember of the solicitations, Superion is the first one up (Windblade series).

Probably some popup cameo like they did for Alpha Bravo... I'm also interested in how Wildrider gets the shaft...

Comic covers probably have a greater effect of hooking in people than the collector cards. Wished they were consistent in their decision making and not have skipped a whole wave.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Probably some popup cameo like they did for Alpha Bravo... I'm also interested in how Wildrider gets the shaft...
    Loved the the US Marvel intros. All they need is a tiny single cell, with the character boasting their own abilities and exploits whilst speaking in third person. There's more text than drawings in these cells but speaks so much for the character.

Image via tfwiki (sorry couldn't find a bigger image)
    Last edited by griffin; 19th January 2015 at 04:47 PM. Reason: hottlinking prohibited

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Looks like the Wave One Deluxes will have comics in future waves they are packed in as well...

On the Entertainment Earth, the Wave One Generations Deluxes look to be having a re-release around June, and the packaging image has them with comics...

Alpha Bravo
    Dragstrip
    Firefly
    Skydive

Maybe the first wave was rushed through the factory to get to stores before Christmas, and the comics weren't ready yet, but later releases of that first wave will have them.

The Deluxe Wave 2 Revision case has a wave 1 Dragstrip in it, so if it comes with a comic, then it was just the Wave 1 cases that missed out.

That's kinda sucky.

Also I was thinking about it and there's a good chance of Superion and Menasor store-exclusive box sets later in the year, like the Movie's Autobots and Dinobots five member sets. Possibly cheaper (when on sale) and better decos.

And now there's a revision wave where you can just get Motormaster and Silverbolt if you aren't interested in Optimus.

So it seems more and more that it's not worth it to buy anything from Hasbro early.