Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: MP-21R Red Bumblebee

Also keep in mind that redecos and minor remoulds are a necessary evil if you don't want to be paying significantly more for your Transformers toys.
    "Milking" is really only applicable if there have been several uses of a mould and a new redeco is hard to explain or has little or no history as a toy character (like black redecos, themed redecos, or more specifically, Acid Storm/Sunstorm versions of any Seeker mould once they've done the basic three).

The first two or three uses of a mould is what keeps it below a certain price-point... and if they are different established characters, it's not as bad as a fourth or fifth redeco that has a weird colour-scheme to it.

31 uses to a mould... now THAT is milking.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I will be getting the red MP BB... But that's cause I am a MP whore

It's a nice club to be in
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by crankcase76 View Post
    I will be grabbing this one, even if they don't release a CJ. Maybe the 3P's will do a release Of a CJ head for it???
    3p has been upfront on what the customer wants.
    TT is taking a bit slow IMO in terms of repainted.
    Like said get it done altogether. Make it exclusive.
    Just don't take 3 years to do repaints.

While this is a no surprise, I prefer the gold one in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post

It's a nice club to be in
    Hoho, oh crap i need it as well, no way of skipping any MP release now

It's looking a lot better than I thought red would look on this mould. Still a pass.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by crankcase76 View Post
    I will be grabbing this one, even if they don't release a CJ. Maybe the 3P's will do a release Of a CJ head for it???
    Even with a different head, Bumblebee's body/alt mode is still substantially different from Cliffjumper. It'd just be a red Bumblebee with Cliffjumper's head. I can accept this for non G1 Cliffjumpers (e.g. Animated, Alternity etc.), but when it comes to the exacting standards of Masterpiece, I would only accept an MP Cliffjumper if he were done properly; i.e. retooled to give him the Porsche 924 body. And I wouldn't blame TakTOM if they re-released MP Cliffjumper in yellow, since it's been around since 1984.

It probably wouldn't be viable for TakaraTOMY to retool the mould again with the Mazda 323 body for an MP Bumblejumper. Maybe that's where the third party makers might focus their efforts on.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Even with a different head, Bumblebee's body/alt mode is still substantially different from Cliffjumper. It'd just be a red Bumblebee with Cliffjumper's head. I can accept this for non G1 Cliffjumpers (e.g. Animated, Alternity etc.), but when it comes to the exacting standards of Masterpiece, I would only accept an MP Cliffjumper if he were done properly; i.e. retooled to give him the Porsche 924 body. And I wouldn't blame TakTOM if they re-released MP Cliffjumper in yellow, since it's been around since 1984.
    And I hope that they do release a yellow Cliffjumper, as well as a Hupcap & Bumper/Bumblejumper. As I said earlier, I am happy to keep buying repaints/retools if Takara keep pumping out new 84 characters.

avail now at premium collect for 55 bucks! Couldn't find evidence of them doing an announcement for it beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    avail now at premium collect for 55 bucks! Couldn't find evidence of them doing an announcement for it beforehand.
    Thanks! Purchased for $55 plus $10 shipping. Premium Collectables is my go to shop now. I only collect Hot Toys, MP's, and G1 re-issues, and PC stock them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Better get comfy, it's going to be a while

I can imagine that someone somewhere is looking forward to the prospect of having a multicoloured swarm of Masterpiece Bumblebees.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    I had a pretty awesome Golf GTi in Most Wanted.
    Oh. I was thinking of Most Wanted 2012, not the original Most Wanted from 2005. I just looked up a car list

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Also keep in mind that redecos and minor remoulds are a necessary evil if you don't want to be paying significantly more for your Transformers toys.

The first two or three uses of a mould is what keeps it below a certain price-point... and if they are different established characters, it's not as bad as a fourth or fifth redeco that has a weird colour-scheme to it.

31 uses to a mould... now THAT is milking.
    Good point about the use of multiple releases on one mould keeping costs down. Also, I imagine any profits from this thing potentially go towards R&D on new moulds, right?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I don't have an MP Bumblebee, but I would imagine it would have to be a very heavy retool to make an MP Cliffjumper out of it. The side profiles are very different: