Page 129 of 193 FirstFirst ... 109119124125126127128129130131132133134139149 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1923

Thread: Premiumcollectables (PC) (Australia) feedback

So I would like to provide some info for those members that may feel they are getting a screw job from PC

A direct cut and paste put in italics (poor grammar and syntax included) of their "T's & C's" state:

SECTION 20- PRE ORDERS
    A Preorder is an item that has not yet come into stock, but you can pre-purchase it to secure your piece. paid up front 100% and are then shipped out to you as soon as they arrive without you having to do anything further. It Is a contract of sale between Premium Collect and 'you' the customer.

it is non-refundable. If you change your mind or wish to cancel, you can apply this against another product or simply maintain a store credit until you find another item that you want.

End Quote

DO NOT GET SUCKED INTO THIS ILLEGALITY

Consumer law specifically states:

When you can cancel a service
    If you have a*major problem with a service*or a minor problem that can't be fixed within a reasonable time you have the right to cancel a service contract, when it is:
    provided with an unacceptable level of care and skill
    unfit for the purpose you asked for
    not delivered within a reasonable time when there is no agreed end date.

I'm not here to stir the $h!t storm that most PC users are already in, but I have done my research into this considering my MP-33 has two days to ship and I have not received a shipping notice.

Know your actual consumer rights and not those put up by a business. Yes they do mention consumer law in some of their other T's & C's but it is not in relation to this particular "clause".

So that I am seen to be on the total level here with all members.............

If I receive shipping notification in the next two days I will put it up here to put some support behind them (PC), if not, then I will let everyone know how the refund goes.
    I really want to provide a legitimate unbiased experience of their system when an item doesn't arrive.

Today I sent an e-mail through the correct channels according to their website today, and according to their updates on Facebook this should be replied to in 48 hours.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

I would say that T&C is meant for change of mind situations. You cannot do T&C's that breach the Australian Consumer Law. Well I mean you could try but it is not going to work.

In PC's case they specifically state:

SECTION 18 - GOVERNING LAW

These Terms of Service and any separate agreements whereby we provide you Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Australian Consumer Law

I don't think they are trying to screw anyone.

hYpNoS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

...must be a big backlog, nothing on my end yet.

Knowing my luck my mp primal will be the very last from pc's inventory

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

My item was shipped today and comes tomorrow.

Being said my other friend had nothing yet for thrust, inferno, skywarp or grapple.

Quote Originally Posted by hYpNoS View Post
    ...must be a big backlog, nothing on my end yet.

Knowing my luck my mp primal will be the very last from pc's inventory
    Or mine

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    So I would like to provide some info for those members that may feel they are getting a screw job from PC

DO NOT GET SUCKED INTO THIS ILLEGALITY

I'm just curious, for all the huffing and puffing (without questioning the validity of the complaints) I'd like to know whether anything has ever come from anyone actually filing complaints with ACCC, etc?

I'm OK with PC, but for those that have gone this route... has it ever done you any good?

Quote Originally Posted by OptimusNerd View Post
    I'm just curious, for all the huffing and puffing (without questioning the validity of the complaints) I'd like to know whether anything has ever come from anyone actually filing complaints with ACCC, etc?

I'm OK with PC, but for those that have gone this route... has it ever done you any good?
    I'd be interested to find out too. Accc can only mediate which requires communication.... Yeah we all know how fantastic pc are at communicating. Hopefully the new email team (if there really is one this time) will get around to responding to accc and we'll hear about some results.
    Either way, pc are going to pop up on a radar that they'd rather hadn't of and scott only has himself to blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    I'd be interested to find out too. Accc can only mediate which requires communication.... Yeah we all know how fantastic pc are at communicating. Hopefully the new email team (if there really is one this time) will get around to responding to accc and we'll hear about some results.
    Either way, pc are going to pop up on a radar that they'd rather hadn't of and scott only has himself to blame.
    Disclaimer: I completely understand why people are annoyed, anxious, etc. when it comes to items they've pre-paid for and haven't received. Compounded by the slow/lack of communication, and uncertain ETAs.

But... I still don't see where anything illegal has occurred. You're entering into a purchase agreement for a yet-to-be-released product which has an ETA which is specified as "subject to change". The problem is language that speaks of "not delivered within a reasonable time when there is no agreed end date" as there is no specified definition of reasonable. PC isn't holding stuff in a warehouse somewhere and just not shipping yours... they are delayed getting stuff, which is (arguably) out of their control. As far as I'm aware they've had language tantamount to "ETAs are subject to change" on their products for a long time.

Anyway, like I said - I understand people's frustrations. But I also kind of think that the ACCC may try to mediate just to be helpful, but I doubt there's anything illegal that's actually occurring.

Every time I see a post on FB or here threatening legal/ACCC action I kind of find myself thinking of those times I CC:-d (fake) lawyers on correspondence I sent to companies just to seemingly make it look more official/threatening.
    Last edited by OptimusNerd; 30th March 2017 at 01:56 PM.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Accc or consumer protection in WA has no power imo whenever I needed help in legit cases. I don't think is worth the trouble and you need to lawyer up if you want to make your case more sense of purpose.

My advice is if you not happy with pc just buy elsewhere and be done.
    There are definitely pros and cons buying from pc so you need to weigh up which is more important to you.

Pc stated that they have a new team on customer service, I am hoping this improves a lot:

Griffin: suggestion.

Edit: this was just my [bad] attempt at comic relief given the way this thread repeatedly descends. No offense intended.

Last edited by OptimusNerd; 30th March 2017 at 04:47 PM.