Page 55 of 193 FirstFirst ... 354550515253545556575859606575 ... LastLast

Thread: Premiumcollectables (PC) (Australia) feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    I don't really see the big deal. All it shows is a first name and a state. I don't think you could match that to anyone at all. They could be making it up for all we know to give off the impression that people are purchasing certain items, ie marketing ploy to try move slow moving stock.

However, I did notice this in their Privacy Policy:

How do you get my consent?
    When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
    If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.

So according to their own policy they should be asking for our consent to display this information.
    ye it doesn't show too much but at the same time shows enough to warrant an opt out option if its not something one signed on for, if not at least omit the name and simply replace with something like 'a fellow' collector purchased item xxx that you may be interested in.

I've only noticed it in the last week or so.

the book depository used to do something similar, not sure if they still do, where you can bring up a map of the world and it shows in real time where all their purchases are being made, very interesting for a couple minutes.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkHyren View Post
    Got my Fort Max and Computron, they were sent in the box that previously contained two Fort Max.
    Long story short Fort Max sits flush against the edges of the outside box, a precarious situation to be in if the couriers decide to have a little game of footy with the parcels.
    Personally I always prefer items in a box bigger then the item with some kind of padding, be it bubble wrapping the item or styrofoam walls inside the packing box, though in this case I'm not sure it that option would have been a viable one as it is a huge item
    You really had me worried because I had the exact same order from PC arrive today. To my delight PC did a great job packaging mine as seen from the photos. They used a larger box than the one you got. They used bubblewrap (as we have been asking). All sides were protected from shock by either packing paper or the bubblewrap. And to top it off, they even added fragile stickers to all sides of the box. I've been quite vocal in asking for better packaging as an option but it seems they are listening and improving it in their standard service. Thank you PC!

Quote Originally Posted by DaptoDog View Post
    My jaw dropped in horror until I realised that the cut off sticker said "Thank You"

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    My jaw dropped in horror until I realised that the cut off sticker said "Thank You"
    Now that would be customer service!

They used a larger box than the one you got
    Interesting. Did you pay for shipping on your order or use the 100 club? Mine made it to me relatively unscathed bar a few bumps to Fort Max's box but I always prefer boxes larger then the item where possible. Could just be luck of the draw though, obviously half the people that ordered Fort Max are going to get him in his packing box and the other half will get him in whatever other box is around, so there's that to consider

Interesting. Did you pay for shipping on your order or use the 100 club? Mine made it to me relatively unscathed bar a few bumps to Fort Max's box but I always prefer boxes larger then the item where possible. Could just be luck of the draw though, obviously half the people that ordered Fort Max are going to get him in his packing box and the other half will get him in whatever other box is around, so there's that to consider
    Shipping on Fort Max was free but had to pay shipping on Computron since I used a discount code. But they were shipped together and I doubt that makes a difference. As I've mentioned before I always put down in the order notes that I'm a MISB collector so would appreciate a nice box. I've also emailed them about the idea of the premium collector grade packaging for a fee. I have no idea whether either of those factors made a difference or if I just got lucky this time?

Shipping on Fort Max was free but had to pay shipping on Computron since I used a discount code. But they were shipped together and I doubt that makes a difference. As I've mentioned before I always put down in the order notes that I'm a MISB collector so would appreciate a nice box. I've also emailed them about the idea of the premium collector grade packaging for a fee. I have no idea whether either of those factors made a difference or if I just got lucky this time?
    Perhaps, I was putting the same sort of thing in the notes on my first few orders but over time I just forgot to, might be worthwhile keeping that sort of practice up.
    I recently asked a similar question about a collector grade so maybe if enough of us voice that we'd like that option it will be so.
    Though I was thinking, maybe said collectors grade is included in either the paid or the express shipping options, I've asked some more details about that too so when I know I'll post more

Perhaps, I was putting the same sort of thing in the notes on my first few orders but over time I just forgot to, might be worthwhile keeping that sort of practice up.
    I recently asked a similar question about a collector grade so maybe if enough of us voice that we'd like that option it will be so.
    Though I was thinking, maybe said collectors grade is included in either the paid or the express shipping options, I've asked some more details about that too so when I know I'll post more

Express Service, also should ensure a better quality box, as it is first in the que and we ship the best boxes out first.

My Walmart Brainstorm was waiting for me today. Really happy to have secured him at such a great price
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!