Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast

Thread: Classics 2.0/Universe Comments thread

I got Ratbat and Springer and I have to say I love Ratbat, but thats mainly due to the awesome Noisemaize mould. Colouring is appropriate and the figure suits rather well.

Springer I am not too fussed about, but it is a good mould. Just a shame that the helicopter is so earthy looking while Ratbat is so spacy looking.

Oh and I noticed that the boxes I have for someone else (which has Ratbat etc and Roadbuster etc) have the comics wrong. Ratbat comes with the Wrecker from 2006(featuring Roadbuster and Dirge) and Roadbuster comes with the Warwithin( featuring, yep, you guessed, Ratbat and Springer). Are they all like this?

No surprise that it has been the one consistently out of stock at Robotkingdom since that wave was released. Although, I would have thought Hound and Ravage would be more popular... (shrug)

I just got universe silverstreak and I think ge's HEAPS better than universe prowl. The paint application is perfect and the colours are excellent. The silver and black really makes the Nissan 350Z mold shine. I like the fact that his missiles are painted and that the intakes on his upper arms are painted silver. Even the face looks great with the two shades of grey. He's a fair bit tighter than prowl as well.

That mold overall is excellent in terms of poseability and car mode is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    No surprise that it has been the one consistently out of stock at Robotkingdom since that wave was released. Although, I would have thought Hound and Ravage would be more popular... (shrug)
    STL comes to mind...

Played with stompy's Universe figures today.
    Hound and Cyclonus look great and play well.
    Cheetor looks good in beast mode...and that's about it.

And from the shots of the henkei I've seen they will all look great with the henkei treatment.
    Well except for Cheetor's robot mode, but they can't really do anything about that...
    Last edited by Golden Phoenix; 4th January 2009 at 09:51 PM.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Cheetor looks good in vehicle mode...
    Vehicle mode? I know it looks like a mutant freak, but not THAT mutated...

...I would be impressed if Universe Cheetor also came with his vehicle mode.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Vehicle mode? I know it looks like a mutant freak, but not THAT mutated...
    Bah! I've just had my only day off in 8 days...let me switch my think maker off for a while
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

I got Overkill. I think the Grimlock-mold's T-Rex mode suits Overkill better than it does Grimlock. I would have liked to see some remolding here to give Overkill his horn (which makes him a ceratosaur, not a tyrannosaur).

Bot-mode is too recognisable as Grimlock for me to really like it as Overkill, although it does look like an evil character. I think it's neat that the round orb in his chest is now where his insignia is, although I'd have loved to see it made like a Beast Era spark crystal.
    Last edited by SilverDragon; 10th January 2009 at 01:31 PM.

I saw Universe Deluxe Dinobot instore today (at a comic store that had ordered in from the US and were charging heaps!) and it looks so much better in packaging than Beast Wars Dinobot ever did.

Cheetor meanwhile doesn't look that hot in packaging and is slightly better in beast mode when opened.

I didn't know that Dinobot was being sold as a Decepticon/Predacon but the option to change him to a Maximal is a nice extra feature.