Page 21 of 33 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast

Thread: Classics 2.0/Universe Comments thread

I really love Henkei Hound... this guy is a like a Deluxe scale Binaltech/Alternator because the vehicle mode betrays virtually no robot kibble (other than the underside, but even some BT/ALTs have that problem) and it's got an impressive amount of detailing in the sculpt, including the inside of the vehicle and throughout the toy, which is so impressive. On top of all that it comes with Ravage!

Ravage is okay... he's what you'd expect from a "Classics" style upgrade of the character. It's neat that he has the same spool-hole size as the g1 toy as it allows me to add on G1 Ravage's weapons to him. The cassette mode is too thick to fit into G1 Soundwave's chest though. He can fit into Soundblaster's chest but due to the thickness it means that you cannot fit in a second cassette at the same time. Basically he's about x1.5 the thickness of a regular G1 cassette.

For 2310JPY* this is astoundingly GOOD value for money.

-----
    *Which is like $23.10 for people in Japan. Sure, I paid more because of our lousy exchange and postage cost, but that's not TakaraTOMY's fault and so it's not something that I factor into the inherent core value of the toy.

didnt Walky have pics up with Ravage in Soudnwaves chest? I know i saw it somewhere....
    i do NOT Play with toys...

But I DO occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical fight dynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by The Scream Man View Post
    didnt Walky have pics up with Ravage in Soudnwaves chest? I know i saw it somewhere....
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

...that's a reissue Soundwave too (can't tell if it's TFC or Encore though). kup and I tried to put my Henkei Ravage into my Encore Soundwave's chest, and yeah... wouldn't go in. Then we tried it on my TFC Soundblaster, and it fit, but I couldn't put a second cassette in. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ...that's a reissue Soundwave too (can't tell if it's TFC or Encore though). kup and I tried to put my Henkei Ravage into my Encore Soundwave's chest, and yeah... wouldn't go in. Then we tried it on my TFC Soundblaster, and it fit, but I couldn't put a second cassette in. *shrug*
    At least it fits in one/some of them
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Default Starscream Classics/Universe/Henkei

I recently got excited and got myself a henkei starscream last week though I havn't seen the TFU version yet (despite some reviews I read somewhere which says that there has been a noticeable colour improvement on the TFU version from the classic version). This made me eager to visit a local comic shop where news sightings have been made on the presence of TFU starscream. For the record, it was in 2006 when the spark within me was re-ignited when I discovered classics starscream in a local supermarket.

So I went to that comic shop and luckily, there was still one remaining starscream left. I made a scrutinizing stare at the figure whilst inside the packaging and revealed a couple of noticeable difference (in jet-mode):
    1) first is the very noticeable white white on the TFU version as opposed to the off-white (or greyish white) from classics and henkei version.
    2) the colour-pattern is similar to the henkei version except that the henkei version has 3 decepticon insignias (1-nose cone, 2-wings) whilst TFU has only 2 insignias (2-wings).
    3) and of-course, there could be many more as can easily be seen in bot-mode.

See for yourself (Classics/Universe/Henkei):

Well, as for me, I think I'm satisfied with the henkei version. Though I'm really a fan of the classics 1.0 packaging..
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap

TFU Starscream in the picture above doesn't do anything for me, he's even less detailed than the other two, and his red looks abit neon orange, also G1 Starscream was never white.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yeah we couldn't push it in without 'bending' the plastic a fair bit which would not have been enough to break it but enough to warp it. I am sure that if we forced it in, we would have been able to fit the tape inside but I wouldn't call it advisable so yeah, I will agree that it doesn't fit as 'forcing it in' doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    TFU Starscream in the picture above doesn't do anything for me, he's even less detailed than the other two, and his red looks abit neon orange, also G1 Starscream was never white.
    That's one thing that stands out really prominently - Starscream has the same pinkish colour that 25th Optimus has, and it just doesn't look right. Either Hasbro is getting a bit cheap on the plastic colouring, or someone at Hasbro likes pink a little too much.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That's one thing that stands out really prominently - Starscream has the same pinkish colour that 25th Optimus has, and it just doesn't look right. Either Hasbro is getting a bit cheap on the plastic colouring, or someone at Hasbro likes pink a little too much.
    It's a similar fiasco to Allspark Blue. They must have just gotten truckloads of this color cheap and are now using it everywhere

I heard that with Ravage you have to try each of the four possibly ways you can insert him as only 1/4 works.