Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unite Warriors UW05 Convoy Grand Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Raider View Post
    I posted this in the PC thread but for those who didn't notice, PC have a limited pre order up for $189.95.
    As usual not having time to save up means I'll have to preorder elsewhere and hope PC still have stock when I'm ready to preorder.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I really don't like the chest in combined mode. Unfortunately it's no better when the chest is closed as shown in the Hasbro pics. Menasor's chest in Unite Warriors is so much better. I'm just collecting the original G1 Combiners in Unite Warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    Not sure if this one can replace this guy

It's pretty much the same colour scheme too

I've got all the Hasbro versions of these CW figures so this is an easy pass for me

This is available for pre-order here in Hong Kong, although significantly more expensive than previous UW have been (Just under the AU$200 mark, previous UW's are around the AU$135 mark).

I have been holding out to see what the Tak Tomy version would look like and I much prefer it over the Hasbro offering so I will probably bite the bullet and pre-order the UW version. Admittedly I'm a sucker for a red Optimus and red Ironhide combo...

TFYuki on twitter sent out some comparison photos of two of the upcoming Convoy Grand Prime toys - Optimus/Convoy & Ironhide, with the Hasbro versions.

This set doesn't come out until February in Japan, and like Guardian/Defensor, it is a TakaraTomyMall exclusive.

Megatran Guest

I just want Optimus.

More comparison images from TFYuki, this time of the other three members of the team - Mirage, Sunstreaker, Prowl... each looking noticeably darker than the Hasbro version.

I must say I don't think I like the darker shades on them. Look kinda weird to me. At least Sunstreaker anyway

I was thinking this set would be ok, but with the comparisons I'm thinking it will be great. Can't wait till it's on my doorstep.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I like Mirage's darker colours, as it is closer to the Gen1 toy colours. Sunstreaker looks like it could be darker than the Gen1 colours, but I think with Hasbro cost-cutting with the expensive plastic dyes, we have been getting used to their paler coloured toys (ever since they ended up giving us that pink reissue Optimus )... so when TakaraTomy spends the money on the extra plastic dyes and paint apps, it can look too colourful.

Unfortunately for those keen on collecting both sets, there probably wasn't much TakaraTomy could do with this set because Hasbro got the homage colours and designs pretty close to resembling the original characters.