Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Masterpiece Hot Rod?

Akky82 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    So despite the disappointment, what would they do different now? Include Daniel and open canopy? hmm....that would be a masterpiece afterall.
    Fishing rod? >_<

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Akky82 View Post
    Fishing rod? >_<
    Anchovy included.

So Hotrod eh? Well I guess one that would scale better with the current MP's would be kind of cool. Still it's nice to hear there will be one new G1 MP mold next year, as I expected 2016 MP's to be dominated by Ironhide repaints and Beast Convoy.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Am I the only one who is a little disappointed that they are visiting a character they've already done instead of a new character? Don't get me wrong, I'll end up buying it coz Hot Rod was one of the first figures i owned, and this could have a better design than the previous, but i would rather preferred a new character
    Me too, however it's also something I kind of expect with Taktom and Hasbro, sure we get some lesser characters like Tracks and Starsaber from time to time, but the MP line will always go back to the staple big names like Optimus, Starscream, Rodimus casue the're the ones everyone knows, so can't really go more than 4 years without one/all of them getting a new toy. That's why I don't put to much faith on Hastak ever doing some of the less popular Autobot cars.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    But heres the catch, MP-10 was done in scale with Rodimus as shown in the toy boxes.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/image...e/TAK11255.jpg
    Rodimus Prime/Convoy might have ended up being as tall as MP-10 in robot mode, but this would be Hotrod (called Hot Rodimus in Japan), so it would need to be a lot shorter than MP-10 in robot mode.

So it could end up being marketed as MP Hot Rodimus (Hot Rod), and the previous one would then be re-categorised as MP Rodimus Convoy (Rodimus Prime)... making it less of a duplicate character.

Keep in mind, in Japan, MP-09 was called Rodimus Convoy (not Hot Rodimus - which is Hotrod) and it came with a trailer (the Hotrod car and slightly shorter bot-mode were more of a bonus gimmick). It was only the Hasbro version that had it intended or named as Hotrod.
    So if this new one is released by Hasbro as Hotrod, it would only be a duplicate character in Hasbro markets, not Japan.

I personally would prefer to see new characters developed as MPs rather than new MPs based on existing ones. That's why I skipped the new MP Starscream, Skywarp & Thundercracker (although I have the new MP Seeker mould in the forms of Acid Storm and Sunstorm). The only exception was MP10 (Hasbro ver.). I'd really like to see them focusing on finishing off doing all the first year Autobots as MPs (since all the first year Decepticons are already done).

Pass for me on this Rodimus.

Also, Hot Rod was always called "Hot Rodimus" in Japan, so from TakaraTOMY's POV it's not an issue of trademark, it's actually G1 accurate for their market. But Hot Rod is called "Rodimus" by Hasbro now because of trademark issues.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Rodimus Prime/Convoy might have ended up being as tall as MP-10 in robot mode, but this would be Hotrod (called Hot Rodimus in Japan), so it would need to be a lot shorter than MP-10 in robot mode.

So it could end up being marketed as MP Hot Rodimus (Hot Rod), and the previous one would then be re-categorised as MP Rodimus Convoy (Rodimus Prime)... making it less of a duplicate character.

Keep in mind, in Japan, MP-09 was called Rodimus Convoy (not Hot Rodimus - which is Hotrod) and it came with a trailer (the Hotrod car and slightly shorter bot-mode were more of a bonus gimmick). It was only the Hasbro version that had it intended or named as Hotrod.
    So if this new one is released by Hasbro as Hotrod, it would only be a duplicate character in Hasbro markets, not Japan.
    I get what you are saying, I am only indicating that mp-09 was actually in scaled. Hasbro naming it Hot rod was not relevant to TT line.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I personally would prefer to see new characters developed as MPs rather than new MPs based on existing ones. That's why I skipped the new MP Starscream, Skywarp & Thundercracker (although I have the new MP Seeker mould in the forms of Acid Storm and Sunstorm). The only exception was MP10 (Hasbro ver.). I'd really like to see them focusing on finishing off doing all the first year Autobots as MPs (since all the first year Decepticons are already done).

Pass for me on this Rodimus.

Also, Hot Rod was always called "Hot Rodimus" in Japan, so from TakaraTOMY's POV it's not an issue of trademark, it's actually G1 accurate for their market. But Hot Rod is called "Rodimus" by Hasbro now because of trademark issues.
    OMG, the naming issues.

Okay.....anyway it is what it is, lets hope they didn't waste time designing existing character.

depending on price I actually wont mind it, if they get it right. Still a bit disappointing that they should have done Hound, Ratchet, Mirage, and Jazz.
    Not forgeting Reflector, Megatron, Galvertron.

MP-09 works great as Rodimus Prime but he is definately out of scale in car mode and i think as Hot Rod.

I am believing this new MP is just Hot Rod in a better scale.

Takara have revised (or improved) most MPs before MP-10 so i still see revisiting MP-05 (as a gun) very likely - if you are prepared to wait.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Mp-10 has not improved especially in paint apps, sadly I wished they made effort when reissued mp10.

Quote Originally Posted by Deonasis View Post
    MP-09 works great as Rodimus Prime but he is definately out of scale in car mode and i think as Hot Rod.

I am believing this new MP is just Hot Rod in a better scale.

Takara have revised (or improved) most MPs before MP-10 so i still see revisiting MP-05 (as a gun) very likely - if you are prepared to wait.
    Yeah if I decide to get this I might have the old MP as Rodimus Prime and the new MP as Hot Rod for my collection