Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Laserwave/Shockwave revealed

This Shockwave looks a lot more toon accurate than the 3rd party one, interestingly that can be both a good and bad thing. He's got the g1 silhouette down pat, but that also makes him kinda retro and very simplistic on the surface detail. Much like Ironhide he has a giant groin section which is off putting but entirely accurate to the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    How cool would it be if this toy's faceplate were removable to reveal Snenator Shockwave's face? (similar to how MP Ultra Magnus, Wheeljack and Exhaust have hidden faces)
    It would be cool, but I don't like the odds, as this design is slavish to the old G1 style to the point of looking retro.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    That would seem... logical.
    Given they announced Beast Convoy a while back without a toy to show, it seems like TakTomy are more proactive about letting fans know what's coming up in the future, than they have been. I don't expect to see Shockwave to the later half of 2016 myself.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Wow. Wow. And WOW!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    I remember all the naysayers saying this would never happen cause of licensing problems etc... let's see them say "nay" now! mwahahaha
    Agreed! This is why I don't trust "expert" fans who think they know everything. Anything's possible. I remember when the experts (some on this very forum) said they would "never ever" reissue Fort Max, and sure enough....

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The chest for Rodimus looks wrong though
    Very.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    So Jetfire might be out, but a toon accurate Skyfire might be doable...
    It is doable, but Hasbro keeps doing "robotech" versions of Jetfire just to see if they can get away with it, and hope to set a precedent that earns them the legal ability to do toys that are similar to what Harmony Gold currently owns the rights to.
    It's all about corporate ego.
    Hasbro could have had cartoon/comic accurate Jetfire toys for ages, but keep modelling their creations on the original toy, which no one recognises from Transformers fiction, only from Robotech fiction.
    The original Jetfire toy was indeed great (it is one of my favourite Gen1 toys), but I want a comic/cartoon Skyfire toy, and it's been 30 years and Hasbro would rather see how far they can infringe on the Robotech IP - like the SDCC GIJoe Jetfire toy that was supposed to be homaging the comic Jetfire and should have had the single-use, exclusive jet thruster-pack designed to look like Skyfires, but no, they wanted to see if they could get away with something that looks like the Robotech jet fighter thruster-pack... and as a result, fans are made to wait a little longer on the sidelines of Hasbro's little mindgames with Harmony Gold.

Yes... that was a fanboy rant about one version of one toy from a series 30 years ago...

This is a really pleasant surprise. So glad they've chosen to remake Shockwave. He's one of my favourite 'cons. Can't wait to see him coloured up. That will be the clincher for me.

I'm loving all these new MP announcements. It's nice to know what is coming to help plan the budget for the year ahead. he he

On a sidenote: I'm with Griffin, I'd LOVE to see a G1 toon Skyfire toy. That would be an instant buy for me. Fingers crossed that one day it becomes a reality too.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It was only a matter of time

Now, all I need is a MP Astrotrain and I can retire from collecting
    Since you can dictate the future, please post that they will MP the entire movie line. K, thanks.

I really would like to get this, even more when I see the blaster arm is translucent with electronics. There is zero reason it can't be done. Same as alt mode.

The bottom of the top layer of the chest is too wide on hotrod is what appears off.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

I'm just disappointed with the size, would have liked him to be is scale with MP Megs, Soundwave & Screamer. He is going to look weird being half their height

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Since you can dictate the future, please post that they will MP the entire movie line. K, thanks.

I really would like to get this, even more when I see the blaster arm is translucent with electronics. There is zero reason it can't be done. Same as alt mode.

The bottom of the top layer of the chest is too wide on hotrod is what appears off.
    Not before he calls for an MP Time Warrior, damn it!

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

In honesty, I am NOT prepared to buy Shockwave though I thought Galvatron was going to be out first.

My plan was to retire after Mirage, Hound, and Jazz. < Yes I know there will be more but that was it.

I am a bit unsure how far I want to collect mp line. The good thing is they arent overly costly, but I am out of space for my cabinet and I might become a MISB collector. OMG. lol

As for Shockwave size, we need to remember that is not tranforming into a hand size blaster either and it be smaller.

Cant wait for more pics.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It is doable, but Hasbro keeps doing "robotech" versions of Jetfire just to see if they can get away with it, and hope to set a precedent that earns them the legal ability to do toys that are similar to what Harmony Gold currently owns the rights to.
    It's all about corporate ego.
    Hasbro could have had cartoon/comic accurate Jetfire toys for ages, but keep modelling their creations on the original toy, which no one recognises from Transformers fiction, only from Robotech fiction.
    The original Jetfire toy was indeed great (it is one of my favourite Gen1 toys), but I want a comic/cartoon Skyfire toy, and it's been 30 years and Hasbro would rather see how far they can infringe on the Robotech IP - like the SDCC GIJoe Jetfire toy that was supposed to be homaging the comic Jetfire and should have had the single-use, exclusive jet thruster-pack designed to look like Skyfires, but no, they wanted to see if they could get away with something that looks like the Robotech jet fighter thruster-pack... and as a result, fans are made to wait a little longer on the sidelines of Hasbro's little mindgames with Harmony Gold.

Yes... that was a fanboy rant about one version of one toy from a series 30 years ago...
    While a cartoon accurate Skyfire would be great, the Macross fan in me thinks that Hasbro has a moral responsibility to do everything they can to piss Harmony Gold off. They can flex their corporate ego as much as they want in that space and you won't hear any complaints from me
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    While a cartoon accurate Skyfire would be great, the Macross fan in me thinks that Hasbro has a moral responsibility to do everything they can to piss Harmony Gold off. They can flex their corporate ego as much as they want in that space and you won't hear any complaints from me
    I don't support Harmony gold, I do however think that for mp concern, Jetfire should not be looking like the G1 toy as it was not the true reflection of the toon accurate. By all means make the toon accurate version but have G1 colours as an alternative.