Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Laserwave/Shockwave revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Going by that pic it doesn't look like rubber, possibly densely packed synthetic like you get with electrical cables.

One minor gripe with MPs of late is the lack of rubber wheels for a premium product. If Lego can make rubber wheels which last decades then surely they can do the same with MPs.
    Lego is in a different level of quality. even Kreo cant compare to Lego mini figs which both sell at same price.

anyway takara tomy mall indicated no batteries included so just want to confirm and hopefully still same batt size with other MPs

Quote Originally Posted by ampoldj View Post
    anyway takara tomy mall indicated no batteries included so just want to confirm and hopefully still same batt size with other MPs
    Two sets of batteries are needed: two LR44 button cells for the left forearm, and two AAA batteries for the gun muzzle.

Not impressed with the separate 'hand' accessories ala Revoltech. I expect much more from a MP. In fact, looking at the new pics, he looks closer to a reissue G1 Shockwave (that we never had) instead of something that gives the impression of next-level engineering.

Having said all that, I'm still excited about getting him.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Megatran Guest

Transformation: Bend & Snap.

Got my attention.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Not impressed with the separate 'hand' accessories ala Revoltech. I expect much more from a MP.
    what's wrong with the hands? they've pretty much the same hands just different plastics/colour. Though I do wish mp's had articulate fingers.

I'm super excited about shockwave as he's anime accurate. Not much you can do with him as his transformation in the cartoon and toy were pretty simple.

You also don't want to over-engineer the transformation -- just look at the reception Tracks got!

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    what's wrong with the hands? they've pretty much the same hands just different plastics/colour. Though I do wish mp's had articulate fingers.
    I don't like the fact that they're detachable. Go with one or the other. He's a Transformer not a partformer.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I don't like the fact that they're detachable. Go with one or the other. He's a Transformer not a partformer.
    Well this way they can please both crowds. Aren't most hands detachable anyway? lots of 3rd party hands for masterpieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Two sets of batteries are needed: two LR44 button cells for the left forearm, and two AAA batteries for the gun muzzle.
    and they just updated the list at TT Mall with battery info. meh that is too late already

well that is to offer selling some batteries as well

http://takaratomymall.jp/shop/g/g4904810854883/

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    Going by that pic it doesn't look like rubber, possibly densely packed synthetic like you get with electrical cables.

One minor gripe with MPs of late is the lack of rubber wheels for a premium product. If Lego can make rubber wheels which last decades then surely they can do the same with MPs.

Urghh don't get me started on this issue. All Alt/BT have rubber tyres and they are all still fine, yes RID rubber on Prime and Magnus are a major fail but ......etc etc.....
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)