Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RiD App update 29/02 new toys revealed.

Default RiD App update 29/02 new toys revealed.

It's that time again, the RiD game app updated the other day, and once again the update brought with it the reveals of several new toys.
    unlike last time, this isn't mostly new mini-cons. in fact there's only 1 new one.
    Mostly this is just the stuff we saw at Toy Fair a few weeks ago, but there are a few brand new reveals here.

One again since I don't play the game much I lack the in game currency to buy the characters to provide better pics or vehicle mode pics. but I do have some screenshots of the character select screen to tide everyone over until either I or someone else can unlock them.

New to this update

Optimus Prime
    Power Surge

Warrior Power Surge

Warrior Power Surge Elite (a second power surge warrior? maybe a store exclusive?)

Desert (not sure if new)

Pumpkin (not sure if new)

Bumblebee
    Switchblade Night (a repaint of the new one step bumblebee design)

Power Hero

Hero Power Surge

Sideswipe
    Power Hero

Battle Pack Alpine

Drift: there's a new one listed, but I'm not sure which it is. Hero, Blizzard Hero, Blizzard Deployer, Blizzard Warrior, Titan Hero.

Windstrike
    Weapon Stealth (A red repaint of the original release of Windstrike, from the Alpine Sideswipe Battle Pack)

Windblade
    Warrior

Ratchet
    Oddly, no starter

Legion (Remould of Strongarm)

One-Step (Remould of One-Step Evolved Strongarm)

Warrior (Remould of Strongarm)

Scorponok
    Oddly, no starter.
    Warrior

Bisk:
    BASK YOUR EYES ON ALL THIS BISK!
    Starter

Legion

One-Step

Warrior

Hero (3 step?)

Paralon
    Warrior (Purple repaint or possibly remould of Scorponok, character model appears to have a Beast Wars esque Scorponok head but character artwork is just a repaint)

Scatterspike
    Warrior (Reddish repaint of Quillfire)

So, from all this we can see that
    1: Ratchet is likely in the show since it's unlikely that there'd be THIS many toys of a non-show character, even if they are all remoulds.
    2: there's a lot of repaints coming our way
    3: we will have ALL THE BISK WE COULD POSSIBLY EVER WANT!! the thought of which is making me hungry :P

I can see 20 new additions from your list with that 1.5.2 update. I would have to see for myself if there are any others.
    - Power Surge Optimus Prime (the new large toy that has the Aerobot Minicon)
    - Warrior Power Surge Optimus Prime (red)
    - Warrior Power Surge Elite Optimus Prime (white)
    -
    - 1-step Switchblade Night Bumblebee (redeco)
    - Power Hero Bumblebee (the new large toy that has the Buzzstrike Minicon)
    - Hero (3-step) Power Surge Bumblebee (redeco)
    -
    - Power Hero Sideswipe (the new large toy that has the Windstrike Minicon)
    -
    - Hero (3-step) Drift (orange)
    -
    - Minicon Weapon Windstrike (red)
    -
    - Warrior Windblade
    -
    - 1-step Ratchet
    - Warrior Ratchet
    -
    - Warrior Scorponok
    -
    - Starter Bisk (non-toy game character)
    - Legion Bisk
    - One-Step Bisk
    - Warrior Bisk
    - Hero (3 step) Bisk
    -
    - Warrior Paralon (redeco Scorponok)
    - Warrior Scatterspike (redeco Quillfire)

There should also be a couple more Minicons (Aerobot and Buzzstrike), as you had Windstrike (for the Power Hero Sideswipe toy), so the partners for Optimus and Bumblebee could be there as well.

These on your list were already there before this update...
    - Desert Optimus
    - Pumpkin Optimus
    - Legion Ratchet
    - Battle Pack Alpine Sideswipe

I just downloaded the update but the game itself didn't update anything after it was finished and re-opened.
    Actually... it is doing one new thing - it won't scan the Ultra class Megatronus codes properly anymore (it doesn't unlock the character and give ultra sparks, it just gives you a powerup.

Looks like android got screwed again... or maybe it's just me and my misfit tech.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    There should also be a couple more Minicons (Aerobot and Buzzstrike), as you had Windstrike (for the Power Hero Sideswipe toy), so the partners for Optimus and Bumblebee could be there as well.
    I''m pretty sure the Windstrike toy in this version is the one that comes with Alpine sideswipe in the battle pack that was shown at Toy Fair.
    I'm not sure where the new Red version fits in, maybe a stand alone single minicon?
    the version of Windstrike that comes with the larger power surge Sideswipe seems to not be in this version, the same goes for Buzzstrike and Aerobolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    I''m pretty sure the Windstrike toy in this version is the one that comes with Alpine sideswipe in the battle pack that was shown at Toy Fair.
    I'm not sure where the new Red version fits in, maybe a stand alone single minicon?
    the version of Windstrike that comes with the larger power surge Sideswipe seems to not be in this version, the same goes for Buzzstrike and Aerobolt.
    The blue Windstrike, which was in the last update, comes with the Alpine Sideswipe (which was also in the last update).
    The new mould Windstrike Minicon that comes with the new big Sideswipe toy is also blue, but I think that the game app may have given it a different colour to distinguish them.... or it may be another single release Windstrike Minicon redeco of the one in the Battlepack.

At this stage I'm just guessing, but I know that it isn't the Battlepack Minicon, as it was in the last update... but if Aerobot and Buzzstrike aren't in this update, then maybe this isn't the Power Hero Windstrike Minicon either. (having another look at the Toyfair photos, the partner Minicons to the new big three toys, may not have scanning codes anyway, so won't be on the App if they don't)

Pumpkin Prime isnt new... My kids unlocked him months ago... They loved him cause he was a pumpkin

Power Surge Prime - Does anyone else have imagery of Optimus shoving his finger into a power socket and getting electrocuted into a new form? ha ha ha

I'm guessing those are subtle spoilers for later in Season 2.

As much as I love Optimus I wish they'd stop coming up with all these new Primes. Too much of a good thing becomes too costly to catch them all!

Although if they ever release Pumpkin Prime as a figure he WILL be mine.

It's that time again, the RiD game app updated the other day, and once again the update brought with it the reveals of several new toys.
    unlike last time, this isn't mostly new mini-cons. in fact there's only 1 new one.
    Mostly this is just the stuff we saw at Toy Fair a few weeks ago, but there are a few brand new reveals here.

(big snip)
    I saw that you posted the images and info on TFW, but Seibertron have posted up your images and credited another site for them... which if they read that other site, it clearly credits this news posting of yours.

Below is a list and images of all the new charaters found in the app (courtesy fo the snakas blog) and please remember that these are only possibilities of upcoming toys and not confirmation that we will be getting them.
    The news staff still needs some training on how to credit news properly (after posting two of my things without crediting me).

I just downloaded the update but the game itself didn't update anything after it was finished and re-opened.
    Actually... it is doing one new thing - it won't scan the Ultra class Megatronus codes properly anymore (it doesn't unlock the character and give ultra sparks, it just gives you a powerup.

Looks like android got screwed again... or maybe it's just me and my misfit tech.
    Well this is interesting.
    Today another update came on my alerts list, and it took a lot longer this time, and now I have the new characters. Looks like they were keeping an eye on the updates this time, to know to get onto a fix, as this one is 1.6.1, when the one from the other day was 1.5.2.

Now to go off and unlock the characters and take photos.

I saw that you posted the images and info on TFW, but Seibertron have posted up your images and credited another site for them... which if they read that other site, it clearly credits this news posting of yours.

The news staff still needs some training on how to credit news properly (after posting two of my things without crediting me).
    Hahaha, I should probably be annoyed or something. but I really expected no less from Seibertron
    oh well.
    looks like they've credited me now anyway.

Hahaha, I should probably be annoyed or something. but I really expected no less from Seibertron
    oh well.
    looks like they've credited me now anyway.
    I see that they put your name at the end of the news posting (which no one sees), but are still crediting the snakas blog as the source in the actual news posting text (which everyone sees)... after I asked them to fix it.