Thread: TFCC Botcon 2016 theme - Dawn of the Predacus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default TFCC Botcon 2016 theme - Dawn of the Predacus

The BotCon 2016 Convention box set will celebrate the 20th anniversary of the ground breaking cartoon and toy line BEAST WARS. Prepare for the "DAWN OF THE PREDACUS". Our first reveal from the 2016 Exclusive Convention box set is the former DECEPTICON who was reprogrammed and rebuilt... as a PREDACON! - Tripredacus Agent RAVAGE!

The BotCon 2016 set will feature FIVE all-new head sculpts utilizing the amazing TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS action figures.

Stay Tuned to BotCon.com for details on ordering this amazing box set.
    -TFCC Facebook Page

https://www.facebook.com/15125534826...type=3&theater

The first reveal looks to be a BW Ravage from the Breakdown mould.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

I am surprisingly okay with this. Ravage, at least. It also sort of homages Alternators Ravage.

Interesting... Seems they're going to merge their Beast Wars Uprising storyline with the CW moulds... They really are going all out with CW lately

No BH Soundwave Botanica?

I don't know about this though. Might just buy Alternators Ravage

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post

Probably in one of the "souvenir" packs

Hmmm, I'm already in for TFSS 4.0. Definately interesting but I'll guess I'll wait to see what other characters come out before making my decision.
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxius._ View Post

The club basically said a while back that Hasbro was forcing them to use CURRENT molds for the club exclusives. This is why their exclusives for 2016 are the toys on the shelves in late 2015. We may not get much of a chance to see older molds any more.

They are working closer with Hasbro who does want them to use more recent moulds, but I don't recall them saying that they wouldn't be able to use older moulds. The process would still have them submitting requests to see if moulds they prefer to use are available.

Another activity has been announced - a live concert on the Friday night (April 8th) by Stan Bush and Vince DiCola, at a nearby live entertainment venue.
    I think this will be the last time we will see the pair performing together as the numbers of us old timer fans who love their 1986 work, are very few now, and I'd feel really bad for them if they ever did a performance and only had about 20-30 people showing up.
    The venue is near the Convention Centre, and is a free entry public venue, so this won't be an additional cost to attendees... but it will require BotCon attendees to walk there and back (instead of the popular room trading at the Hotel).
    Hopefully this is the Friday Night event for the convention, and FunPub don't have something at the Convention Centre at the same time (like the Golden Ticket dinner or MSTF).

It's no wonder their convention and club are failing... at almost a month since the last major news item, when they should be releasing teases and info every week or every few days, especially while they are struggling to sell attendee boxsets.
    Last edited by griffin; 21st February 2016 at 05:53 PM.