Page 29 of 163 FirstFirst ... 91924252627282930313233343949 ... LastLast

Thread: Online sightings (Australian companies)

I've pre-ordered all the Japanese releases of the exclusives on TTM, though most of them are marked up. Still better than paying scalp prices on eBay but would've been better if they were close to what they retailed for in the US. Not thread related but question, why don't Target Exclusives reach our Target stores? Never really understood it.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgii View Post
    I've pre-ordered all the Japanese releases of the exclusives on TTM, though most of them are marked up. Still better than paying scalp prices on eBay but would've been better if they were close to what they retailed for in the US. Not thread related but question, why don't Target Exclusives reach our Target stores? Never really understood it.
    Despite having a similar, if not the same, logo and both running department stores, they are completely different businesses. Target Australia started as Lindsays in 1926 and is now owned by Wesfarmers. Target US started as Goodfellow Dry Goods in 1902 and is basically its own company called Target Corporation now.

The same with Kmart, both it and Target in Australia just have the same names, but are not related to the American stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgii View Post
    How do you order from TTM and get the items shipped to Australia?

My guess is either a friend over there orders from that site, or they use a shipping forwarder (which I've used once in the past to get that pink Movie Bumblebee toy a few years back). It's a lot of extra expense to have someone else order and ship it, so I would only use it on something really desperate, and if it still comes out less than ebay (if it wasn't listed anywhere else, like that toy was).

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    My guess is either a friend over there orders from that site, or they use a shipping forwarder (which I've used once in the past to get that pink Movie Bumblebee toy a few years back). It's a lot of extra expense to have someone else order and ship it, so I would only use it on something really desperate, and if it still comes out less than ebay (if it wasn't listed anywhere else, like that toy was).
    Do you know any shipping forwarding services in Japan? My Generations G1 collection is getting close to completion and don't want to miss out on the seekers. Having more options is always good.
    ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_Bad View Post
    How do you order from TTM and get the items shipped to Australia?
    More ways than one, but I'm dumb so I just pre-order from anime-export or nippon yassan. Compared to other Japanese online retailers their shipping is reasonable. Used nippon yassan once, I've heard a few horror stories so it's hard to recommend but they were fine with me. Ways I've heard are shipping forwarders as griffin mentioned, having a friend in Japan or buying them from a reliable exporter/3rd party seller like I have. Though if you're looking for the Earthrise 2-pack you're gonna have to buy from eBay or have it ship forwarded. If ya buying it from Japan expect customer service to be less than stellar if you're the type to have buyer's remorse.

I was excited about the possibility of Takara releases but from what I gather TTmall is its own kind of headache.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_Bad View Post
    Do you know any shipping forwarding services in Japan? My Generations G1 collection is getting close to completion and don't want to miss out on the seekers. Having more options is always good.
    ^_^
    The one I used was White Rabbit Express, but it was over a year ago, so hopefully it is still operating. I used them to buy a toy from TTM that was listed there for AU$55, and when I bought two of them, all of the other costs (postage & fees) added about AU$30 to each toy... a lot, but then, postage from ebay sellers can be just as bad and I didn't have to pay a mark-up on the actual toy, which would have been at least AU$100 on ebay anyway, making this a cheaper option for me at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I was excited about the possibility of Takara releases but from what I gather TTmall is its own kind of headache.
    Most Transformers items that are TTM exclusives in Japan get released through Hasbro Asia as well, so look for online stores in HK, SG and TW, or ebay from those locations when it is released.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The one I used was White Rabbit Express, but it was over a year ago, so hopefully it is still operating. I used them to buy a toy from TTM that was listed there for AU$55, and when I bought two of them, all of the other costs (postage & fees) added about AU$30 to each toy... a lot, but then, postage from ebay sellers can be just as bad and I didn't have to pay a mark-up on the actual toy, which would have been at least AU$100 on ebay anyway, making this a cheaper option for me at the time.

Most Transformers items that are TTM exclusives in Japan get released through Hasbro Asia as well, so look for online stores in HK, SG and TW, or ebay from those locations when it is released.
    Thanks for the info.
    So Oh My Primus might get the seekers later you think?